What did you and your MK2 do today?

Deleted member 103408

I hear a build thread coming where you fit KW again and try and sell the air ride. You have already told us you are not sure so you obviously like the car a lot.

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I hear a build thread coming where you fit KW again and try and sell the air ride. You have already told us you are not sure so you obviously like the car a lot.
Aha dont think il go kw this time would definitely be a cheaper coilover or maybe standard shocks with lowering springs

And truth is all the offers im getting are just ridiculous , id take 4000 for it which i think is a great price for it as i was looking on a quick sale! Its not worth selling the car for any less id be really doing myself in

It is currently off the road and ive been using my mk4 which i actually really like

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Funny story...

You'll have to ask @Legojon if they work haha I think I was being a tard as the plugs didn't fit mine but they fit another car a year older... Who knows... Basically don't trust me with anything haha
Tried the amazon ones at lunch and still get the canbus error messages :(

RnPnJ

Apr 3, 2015
Ordered a few goodies from AKS tuning last week. Getting them fitted over the weekend. Then got to decide what colour I want my 18z.

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
My SEAT leon luck continued today I was helping a work colleague change his oil a went to remove the dip stick to see it's level....... snapped it's funnel into 2 bits I believe this was karma for selling mime costing me £60 to replace on Friday, 1 day I will be ok I swear

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sturtz1987

Nov 18, 2015
Ayrshire
I finally got round to stripping the gearbox off my Leon to get in for inspection after knockhill got the better of it last month

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

elnigel

Nov 25, 2002
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Visit site
Just doing a bit of minor work on my day off. Changing the cam chain and tensioner on my Cupra. Started to get a bit growly so thought best to change. Following a great guide from Mk5 GTi forum.
f76a139f1bc1830ce5ffe0ad277e8d24.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Reactions: DaveysFR and Sharpy

DanDiesel

In my diesel is where I'll be, chugging merrily.
Mar 17, 2005
Kent
Today I sorted my sticking boot badge. :funk:

Didn't quite go as I planned as couldn't get the pin out so just soaked it in GT85 which did the trick.

Also played my new favourite game "guess which rear door won't open today?"

This morning, it was both :blink:

RnPnJ

Apr 3, 2015
Yesterday picked up my R after having the Helix clutch kit and Braided line from AKS. booked in to have my cambelt and cam chain tensioner done while on holiday in 3 weeks time.

I want to treat myself to a short shift kit which one do I go for ? What kit do people recommend?

DanDiesel

Mar 17, 2005
Kent
So today, between downpours of rain and hail, I attempted to sort these dodgy rear door locks.

Followed the video instructions that someone put up as accurately as I could.

I’m guessing it will take a little while for the WD40 to break down the grease so we’ll see how it turns out.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So today, between downpours of rain and hail, I attempted to sort these dodgy rear door locks.

Followed the video instructions that someone put up as accurately as I could.

I’m guessing it will take a little while for the WD40 to break down the grease so we’ll see how it turns out.
It was over night for me so give it a god today and if it doesn't work spray more wd40 first before trying something else.

How many weird looks did you get drilling into your door haha

DanDiesel

Mar 17, 2005
Kent
It was over night for me so give it a god today and if it doesn't work spray more wd40 first before trying something else.

How many weird looks did you get drilling into your door haha

Only the missus but nothing unusual there!

Tried the doors this morning, nothing new except the o/s rear doesn’t open at all now

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Only the missus but nothing unusual there!

Tried the doors this morning, nothing new except the o/s rear doesn’t open at all now
I assume you covered up the holes you drilled and put a ton of wd40 in them..?

It's possible you may have nicked something in the module worst case... It is very cold this morning... Obviously where I am not where you are lol

DanDiesel

Mar 17, 2005
Kent
I assume you covered up the holes you drilled and put a ton of wd40 in them..?

It's possible you may have nicked something in the module worst case... It is very cold this morning... Obviously where I am not where you are lol

I didn’t cover up the holes :runaway:

One was working earlier and then it wasn’t. And then this evening after I got back from the garage after investigating a knocking, both opened first time. And to check, I locked the car again, unlocked it and tried them again and they both worked!!

We’ll see how it is in the morning.............

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I didn’t cover up the holes :runaway:

One was working earlier and then it wasn’t. And then this evening after I got back from the garage after investigating a knocking, both opened first time. And to check, I locked the car again, unlocked it and tried them again and they both worked!!

We’ll see how it is in the morning.............
I would refill with wd40 and just put blutac over the holes as it should be a sealed unit I think. Have faith lol