OBDeleven modifications

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
It's darker these days so I switched on my sidelights/parking lights and I noticed my dashboard lights(speedo/rev counter) went dark. This shouldn't be happening and I'll assume its because of an error I made during coding something else nearly a year ago as I haven't made changed since.

They work on Auto but not on "Off" or "Sidelights". They also work with "ON"

Anybody know where those settings would be so I can activate those lights correctly?

I haven’t made any mods using OBDeleven on my Cupra300 that affects lighting in any way. When I move the lighting knob to Sidelights (which I have to do as I approach the security entrance at work) my dash darkens. Therefore it is a design component of the car.

Apart from going to work, I never take my lighting off Auto. Why would I need to??

So in answer to your question, I don’t believe any of the mods you have made using OBDeleven has caused the issue.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
All my other interior lights stay on, climate control, door legs, footwells etc but the needles go dark. It doesn't seem right, maybe it is but seems wrong.

My car is exactly the same and it’s on a 67 plate. I see from the link you can code it out but for the time mine is off Auto it doesn’t bother me too much.

You’ll have to let me know if the coding gets the car to the way you want it.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I agree it's a pain in the arse the dash dimming. I think it a case of the nanny state reminding you to switch on headlights rather than sidelights when light starts fading.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I agree it's a pain in the arse the dash dimming. I think it a case of the nanny state reminding you to switch on headlights rather than sidelights when light starts fading.
Rather upsetting, but I'm afraid the whole nanny state thing is a must unfortunately. The amount of numbnuts driving around on the way home from work in low light/darkness, still with no lights on is unbelievable. Its almost like a "I haven't had my lights on at this time of day for the last 6 months so why should I turn them on now" attitude. Roll on the days when auto lights are standard on all vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Has anyone looked to see if the Digital Cockpit can be updated to show additional options?

Not sure if the person in this video is using OBDEleven, as I’ve only ever used Carista...

But like a lot of people I suspect, I’m wanting to get the central rev counter like on the MY19 cars that are coming through...

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Has anyone looked to see if the Digital Cockpit can be updated to show additional options?

Not sure if the person in this video is using OBDEleven, as I’ve only ever used Carista...

But like a lot of people I suspect, I’m wanting to get the central rev counter like on the MY19 cars that are coming through...

Yeah that's OBD Eleven, can't wait for that central counter!

Reactions: Damo H

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
I may need to smile sweetly at you and @theoldboy at the next meet to see if if I can work out how its done.

Although I suspect it'll be a software update thing.

Yeah I'll be there for the next one, we can try and figure it out without bricking your car ;) but I agree probably software, you might need to find a nice dealer

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Yeah I'll be there for the next one, we can try and figure it out without bricking your car ;) but I agree probably software, you might need to find a nice dealer
Blackpool apparently, they were the ones going to swap out my MIB1 unit out for @paddy6789's before we went down the rabbit hole that was buying new cars. Just don't ask him about his car till he's got it!! :banghead2

Deleted member 103408

He will have it very soon, I have seen nothing on the forums for any big changes to the dash yet (dont mean it cant be done just not being shared with everybody). I also suspect its more a VCP type coding that VCDS/OBD11 But as they say time will tell.

What i would suggest is you talk to the dealer you are buying from and see if he can upgrade your dash tot he latest version (if its just firmware they might be able to do if for you.)

And happy to help but what happened to @paddy6789 and his VCDS Cable :)

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
He will have it very soon, I have seen nothing on the forums for any big changes to the dash yet (dont mean it cant be done just not being shared with everybody). I also suspect its more a VCP type coding that VCDS/OBD11 But as they say time will tell.

What i would suggest is you talk to the dealer you are buying from and see if he can upgrade your dash tot he latest version (if its just firmware they might be able to do if for you.)

And happy to help but what happened to @paddy6789 and his VCDS Cable :)
He used to borrow it, he's also go OBDEleven, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind admitting its better to go to the master haha

As for asking the current dealer, best to keep things simple at the moment.

Deleted member 98136

Got my MOT due on Monday and previously I had changed my rear lights to be on all the time (scandavian style) I also changed the indicator set up on the rear so that when indicating the the rear light goes out on the same side whilst indicating . ( in opposite phase to indicator)
Now my problem is I cannot put the rear lights back to factory settings for the MOT, I don't suppose someone has a copy of what the normal settings are ?
Thanks

apr95

Obd Eleven programming
Jul 21, 2014
Deactivate daylight (DRL) in rear. LED drivers
1 - Module 09 - Electronic. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - Daytime Running Light
4 - Sub - Tagfahrlicht dauerfahlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich standlicht
5 - Change value to Off

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/764/coding-adaptations#ixzz5Uxua3cpC

If it's the 'US' style rear indicator set up your using in the link there's videos so you can see the default setup before there changed.
http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/2071/rear-blinkers-coding-video

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Facelift comes with the rear drls on all he time as standard.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Deleted member 98136

Thanks for all your replies,
I don't think I've made my problem clear enough, the problem is the rear lights flash in opposite phase to the indicators on whichever side you are indicating on.
I appreciate that I can deactivate the rear lights, so during the day they would not be on and thus not be able to flash in the opposite phase when indicating.
I shall be deactivating the rears as DRLs... But of course the problem would be there when I have to have the lights on in the dark.

Maybe the MOT examiner won't have the side lights on when testing the indicators and therefore would never know.

I do appreciate everyones input given, thanks again.

apr95

Obd Eleven programming
Jul 21, 2014
(1) Select Control Unit 09 Central Electrics.
(2) Select Adaptions (Code
(3) Select Leuchte23SL (Left Outside Rear Light)

(4) Change Lichtfunktion E 23 to nicht aktiv
(5) Change Lichtfunktion F 23 to nicht aktiv
(6) Change Dimmwert EF 23 to 0
(7) Change Dimming Direction EF 23 to minimize
(8) Change Lichtfunktion G 23 to nicht active
(9) Change Lichtfunktion H 23 to nicht aktiv
(10) Change Dimmwert GH 23 to 127
(11) Change Dimming Direction GH 23,maximize
(12) Tick the Green tick box and save the changes

(13) Select Leuchte26NSL LA72 (Left Inside Rear Light)

(14) Change Lichtfunktion E 26 to nicht active
(15) Change Lichtfunktion F 26 to nicht aktiv
(16) Change Dimmwert EF 26 to 0
(17) Change Dimming Direction EF 26 to minimize
(18) Change Lichtfunktion G 26 to nicht aktiv
(19) Change Lichtfunktion H 26 to nicht aktiv
(20) Change Dimmwert GH 26 to 127
(21) Change Dimming Direction GH 26 to maximize
(22) Tick the Green tick box and save the changes and backup to list of adaptions

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/2071/rear-blinkers-coding-video#ixzz5V2Jg4J8w

I believe that's to deactivate, always back up before changing so can revert back!

Deleted member 98136

Question - After connecting the dongle to your vehicle, it tells you to turn the ignition on. Would it matter if you start the engine and keep it running whilst you are doing the mods ?
Thanks

Deleted member 103408

You need the ignition on and there are some mods that specifically say DON'T TURN ON ENGINE but those aside I have not had a problem with having engine on (but to be fair I do the majority just with ignition on).

If you are running scans with Engine on you can get errors that you wont see with just ignition.

Deleted member 98136

You need the ignition on and there are some mods that specifically say DON'T TURN ON ENGINE but those aside I have not had a problem with having engine on (but to be fair I do the majority just with ignition on).

If you are running scans with Engine on you can get errors that you wont see with just ignition.
Thanks for your reply, will warm car up first or make sure I park in the sun :harhar:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.