Front Bumper/Bonnet Protection

Zx7R

Dec 5, 2016
What are you good people doing to protect your front bumpers/bonnets from all the crap on the roads? I was looking at the front end of my car this weekend and it is not in a good way. So many stone chips, scratches, embedded flies, tar. I frequently clean the car, it gets polished and waxed, but the front end is now in a way that it does more damage to the mits, sponges and cloths I use, so it's harder to even apply these products.
I dont think a touch up pen will do the job anymore, so I'm thinking of asking Seat for a respray or even new bumper.

The first drive on the day I've collected my car, it was to detailers, and full body PPF wrap (except of the roof and tail door). Bumpers, doors, bonnet - all in plasitc. Looks as new after 1.5 yrs on the road.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Following distance is the thing. If you sit in the 'overtaking position' you catch a lot more stones than at 'following distance'.

I’m strangely conscious of this when driving - I know a driving instructor and she’s always telling me that everyone should follow the ‘two second’ rule - so the car in front passes an object and it should be two seconds before your car passes it.

I’d like rubber reinforced bumpers so that I can ram cars that don’t indicate though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Damo H

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I had chip protection film applied to the vulnerable areas of the front. It was laser pre cut to shape, and fits perfectly. As it should for $NZ750.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
I’m strangely conscious of this when driving - I know a driving instructor and she’s always telling me that everyone should follow the ‘two second’ rule - so the car in front passes an object and it should be two seconds before your car passes it.

I’d like rubber reinforced bumpers so that I can ram cars that don’t indicate though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one issue I find with ACC at max distance people fill that gap if you are not careful. Or Mr Audi who is looking at the postcode on my number plate wonders why I'm so far back!

I'm more likely to be hit from behind because it hits the breaks quicker than a tailgater.

These kind of people have eyes glued to break lights and the second they are looking away from where the should be l, eating, playing with a phone, I just to touch the brake so the lights only come on and they sh*t themselves when they looks back, or repeat screen wash until they get the message.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.