Folded wing mirrors frozen ?

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
Thanks to forum I have found how to set the heated mirrors after driving to work with them all misted up :(

I wondered has anyone had there folded in wing mirrors frozen in place and risk of damage to motor when they try to unfold and get stuck ?

Mine are set to auto fold in when locking the car but wondering in the winter frost if I need to leave them unfolded ?

Reactions: cupra300uk

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Thanks to forum I have found how to set the heated mirrors after driving to work with them all misted up :(

I wondered has anyone had there folded in wing mirrors frozen in place and risk of damage to motor when they try to unfold and get stuck ?

Mine are set to auto fold in when locking the car but wondering in the winter frost if I need to leave them unfolded ?

How do you set them to heat up? A good question though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've had my MK2 mirrors freeze folded before. I always used to fold them in, but got caught out at a premier inn trying to get away early in the morning and my drivers mirror wouldn't fold out. So now wherever possible I leave them out. Unless there's more risk of someone knocking them and then I just chance folding them in.

It's also about the time of year I give the inner workings a blast of silicone spray to try and keep the water out.

Nickbrapp

Apr 16, 2018
i think the heated mirrors can also be turned on with the window de mist for the back

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
How do you do this? VCDS?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

It’s automatic. i.e. When you move the window knob to the 1-2clock position and then put your rear window heater on,the mirror heaters are on.

That is if you have heated mirrors which should be seen by looking at the icon at the 1-2oclock position.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
My mirrors never dip.. so I guess I’ve never had that feature on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is to make the L/H Mirror Dip on UK Cars.

Set the mirror dial to L, put the car into reverse and then adjust your L/H mirror down so you can see what you want to see when the mirror dips. When you have the view you want take the car out of reverse and move mirror to R. Dip position should be set and mirror should move back to the normal position.

Move mirror knob back to L, Start the engine and put gear into reverse. You should see the L/H mirror dip to the position you set. When you put into 1st and drive away the mirror after a few seconds returns to normal position.

For this to work each time you reverse, you must have mirror knob set to L or 7-8oclock position. To cancel mirror dip at any time simply move mirror knob off the L position.

Last edited:

stevenboot

Sep 27, 2016
It’s automatic. i.e. When you move the window knob to the 1-2clock position and then put your rear window heater on,the mirror heaters are on.

That is if you have heated mirrors which should be seen by looking at the icon at the 1-2oclock position.
If I move it to the 1 o'clock position the mirror heaters come on, no need to put rear window demister on.
Sorry, I thought you meant mirrors could be told to come on with the rear window demister button (perhaps with coding) i.e. you could have mirror dip and heated mirror at the same time....

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
If I move it to the 1 o'clock position the mirror heaters come on, no need to put rear window demister on.
Sorry, I thought you meant mirrors could be told to come on with the rear window demister button (perhaps with coding) i.e. you could have mirror dip and heated mirror at the same time....

Ahh I see.

It would be nice to have dip and heated mirrors but I don’t think it’s possible.

Stringster

Mar 30, 2017

Had the car a while and never knew this!

Heated mirrors I didn't think I had.

Happy days.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Butty and Maypack

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
Had the car a while and never knew this!

Heated mirrors I didn't think I had.

Happy days.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Me too!
A case of RTFM but I started to flick thorough it and as I don't have a PhD, I had to put it down and take a nap in a dark room...
Is it badly translated from Spanish or just garbage?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise