MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

bluehandle

Feb 28, 2011
300 quote is coming up at £360

If insurers are basing the quotes on the old 290 then that why these premiums are high. The 300 was much lower mostly because of the Front Assist feature.

The new 290's also come with this feature so the premiums should be more inline with the 300 than the old 290.

Explaining that to the call centre when you call up will be a waste of time, but worth noting.

Mark wilson

May 30, 2018
Agree with this I got probably one of the last manual Cupra st,s july 18 esure cover me for £259 a year £200 excess but I am an old git.

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
If they sell it to you based on the website that clearly states all those options, they legally have to provide you with those options.

When you do an enquiry on their site, you have to click the box saying you agree to the spec and the price on that page.. and so do they.

If the cars don't exist then there isn't much they can do. ACC retrofit is probably quite straightforward but I imagine winter pack and KESSY would be much more difficult.

I suspect they would just cancel the order if you didn't want it.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
If insurers are basing the quotes on the old 290 then that why these premiums are high. The 300 was much lower mostly because of the Front Assist feature.

The new 290's also come with this feature so the premiums should be more inline with the 300 than the old 290.

Explaining that to the call centre when you call up will be a waste of time, but worth noting.

That didn't make a blind bit of difference to Aviva or Admiral when I told them my 280 had front assist.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
I'm 33 and On Compare The Market I'm getting £470 for a year on a 300 ST 4 Drive with 10 years protected NCB and £500 total excess.
Best price is coming from Hastings.

Not sure if it'll change much for being a lease car, time will tell.

I've got a recent claim so didn't think that rate was too bad. It's comparable to my current Golf GTD price.

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
when i spoke to them yesterday, I asked about that. I said that they have 7-21 days on the website, but if theres a cooling off period of 14 days, that's not possible, by the time they've signed and confirmed the paperwork. The sales guy told me that they are waiving that for the stock cars.... i thought that would be very weird...

I was told if I drive the 200mile round trip to sign my documents face to face at the brokers office, the cooling off period would be dropped to 5 days rather than 14days. Utter bollocks what’s the difference signing and returning via email rather than wasting a day sat on the M6!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
I was told if I drive the 200mile round trip to sign my documents face to face at the brokers office, the cooling off period would be dropped to 5 days rather than 14days. Utter bollocks what’s the difference signing and returning via email rather than wasting a day sat on the M6!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distance Selling Regulations I think. Sucks in this caswbut actually a useful bit of consumer law generally.

willda_beast

May 8, 2018
Thumbs up for AXA. Knew all about the engine change & couldn't be more helpful.. Someones told them abut the recommendations on this forum as I was asked about it.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
You can’t do what you want.

You can change the ambient door lighting between different colours (and using OBDeleven) you can code colours you want. However it is not possible to code the lighting to change dependant in mode.
Shame as you could assign white or red to The individual profile on the 290.

AlexOS

If the cars don't exist then there isn't much they can do. ACC retrofit is probably quite straightforward but I imagine winter pack and KESSY would be much more difficult.

I suspect they would just cancel the order if you didn't want it.

My point is more that they can’t charge you the price for that high specced car but only give you the basic model, they need to bring the price down. For the kessy alone it should be able £25 per month lower (based on the price to add it when I signed my agreement in Feb)

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
8 days waiting for the new finance documents just to change the colour ffs, and the car has now been sat at the dealer for 5 days.

Still got to get past the 14 day cooling off period after this

:banghead:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
If they sell it to you based on the website that clearly states all those options, they legally have to provide you with those options.

When you do an enquiry on their site, you have to click the box saying you agree to the spec and the price on that page.. and so do they.
Do they though? I'm sure they'll have something to cover themselves, like specifications are subject to change.

AlexOS

Do they though? I'm sure they'll have something to cover themselves, like specifications are subject to change.
can't really use that argument on an item that's supposedly in stock, as if its already been built, it would be false advertising! and there is NO way they can say they didn't know that it didn't have ACC, Kessy or heated seats and they are all items that can be seen by a quick glance into the cabin..

Also, the way their system works, you have to fully spec the car you want and then click the enquire button, you then have to check several boxes, including one that says you accept the price for the specific spec that you've chosen and another with terms etc.

EDIT: They have updated and removed the winter, kessy and acc from the listing.

Last edited:

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
Finally picked up the cupra today windscreen got hit by a big stone on the way home lucky it didnt crack but it chipped on the passenger side ffs. Need to do a lot more driving to get used to the dsg, the auto handbrake and the startstop. I'm not hearing a much pop crackles and bangs tho and generally getting the dsg in the right gears gonna take some getting used too. I still think i prefer a manual for the involvement but i have to say its the ultimate cruiser in comfort mode if you do alot of motorway miles especially with the 7 speed dsg. I'm totally shocked tho that on my 50 mile trip home i managed 30mpg thats amazing (for the exuberant driving).

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Finally picked up the cupra today windscreen got hit by a big stone on the way home lucky it didnt crack but it chipped on the passenger side ffs. Need to do a lot more driving to get used to the dsg, the auto handbrake and the startstop. I'm not hearing a much pop crackles and bangs tho and generally getting the dsg in the right gears gonna take some getting used too. I still think i prefer a manual for the involvement but i have to say its the ultimate cruiser in comfort mode if you do alot of motorway miles especially with the 7 speed dsg. I'm totally shocked tho that on my 50 mile trip home i managed 30mpg thats amazing (for the exuberant driving).
It's the start stop traffic in the mornings and home from work that I think will be much better in a DSG. The amount of lights on the east lancs (up north for you southerners), and not one of them is ever on green when you're going up to them...

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
can't really use that argument on an item that's supposedly in stock, as if its already been built, it would be false advertising! and there is NO way they can say they didn't know that it didn't have ACC, Kessy or heated seats and they are all items that can be seen by a quick glance into the cabin..

Also, the way their system works, you have to fully spec the car you want and then click the enquire button, you then have to check several boxes, including one that says you accept the price for the specific spec that you've chosen and another with terms etc.
Well good luck taking them to court then :bounce:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members