MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
This is getting boring, just had an 'update' from SEAT CS to tell me there are still awaiting technical data....... Obviously I said others have now received build dates for their STs.
She even said you have been '"waiting a really long time," (since Jan) and apparently is going to escalate my case on Monday. I will be asking about side skirts, and will see where that gets me!

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Anyone here going to Hot Hatch Sunday at Goodwood Breakfast Club this Sunday? I had the car approved so will be in the paddock area or on the pit straight depending on where the marshalls put me.

Reactions: AlexOS

brivww

Brian W
Jan 30, 2018
This is getting boring, just had an 'update' from SEAT CS to tell me there are still awaiting technical data....... Obviously I said others have now received build dates for their STs.
She even said you have been '"waiting a really long time," (since Jan) and apparently is going to escalate my case on Monday. I will be asking about side skirts, and will see where that gets me!

I've finally given up on mine. January order, Silver ST 4drive ordered through a broker, so no real updates on status. Cancelled yesterday, bought a pre registered Carbon Edition instead

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018

Was yours built prior to WK42 with options?

My 4drive was built this week and is apparently waiting for a ship on either 5th or 12th November.

It seems like they have the technical data for the 19MY stuff from WK42 onwards, but anything prior to that is a bit unknown due to the option combinations.

Has anyone at all had a September onwards 4drive delivered yet?

Ben Snape

Oct 17, 2018
So can all you lot educate me as I’ve been reading through the posts my cupra lux was ordered 3weeks ago and expected to be delivered by early feb and I’ve been seeing that a lot of you have been delayed a long while does that mean I will as well

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
So can all you lot educate me as I’ve been reading through the posts my cupra lux was ordered 3weeks ago and expected to be delivered by early feb and I’ve been seeing that a lot of you have been delayed a long while does that mean I will as well
I think you'll be fine for February, there was a huge backlog I've been waiting since last February and mine is getting built next week should have it the beginning of December. They are firing the cars out fairly quickly now.

Ben Snape

Oct 17, 2018
Fair enough I thought I’d be waiting till October instead for mine by the way I’ve been reading the comments :clown:

Reactions: Copra68

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Fair enough I thought I’d be waiting till October instead for mine by the way I’ve been reading the comments :clown:
Once they decided how they would beat the wltp regulations and finished the summer close down they seem to have got the finger out lol.

Ben Snape

Oct 17, 2018
That’s good news then like I said yesterday haven’t heard anything off my dealer since he took my deposit so i thought he was being quiet not to give me bad news

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
She’s all ready for Hot Hatch Sunday tomorrow

CF15D26B-A1CD-4040-8D9B-FE2F4CC29933.jpeg

Sukhraj

Sep 30, 2018
Sorted out my insurance with elephant. Paid £1111. For a 22 year old. They mirrored my NCB from my other car. So both cars (and my sister's) will be on a multi car policy. Not bad I don't think! Considering I was getting quoted from 2-5k!

Roll on Monday

AlexOS

I’d hope that yours will be on the standard timeline, which for a cupra is about 20-26 weeks. Ours have been delayed due to wltp but they are building them now. Although shipments are still a bit sketchy for 4drives.. (some euro cars have been delivered, but not aware of any post wk42 in the U.K. Yet)

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
As far as I can see in the menu, you can’t set the gearbox modes up other than dropping from D into S. Even in individual mode, you can only set suspension, engine, steering and diff...there’s no gearbox setting.
Its not as straight forward as it seems. Can’t comment on the manual, but on the DSG car, the ‘engine’ mode determines the gearbox mode. In reality the different engine modes make no difference to power. It’s all about throttle response and how it works with the gearbox.

So economical mode is just ‘D/Drive’ but it drops out of gear when you lift off the throttle. It rengages when you touch either the brake pedal or accelerator.

Normal/Comfort, is just the normal engine throttle response and ‘D/Drive’.

Sport, puts the gearbox into sport mode, turns up the actuator and I suspect it also changes the throttle mapping to be more responsive.

If you’re in comfort mode and knock the gearbox into sport, it effectively turns the engine into this mode but leaves everything else in comfort (suspension etc).

Equally in sport mode if you knock the gearbox into ‘D/Drive’, the engine and gearbox go into Comfort mode and everything else stays in sport.

In Cupra mode the engine and gearbox are setup in sport, Actuauror goes into ridiculous mode, throttle response is improved, and because of the way the gearbox and engine mapping is setup you get the lift of pops etc.

Individual mode depends on your settings obviously:

If set to economical.
D = Economical, S = Sport

If set to comfort or Sport
D = Drive/Comfort, S = Sport

If set to Cupra
D= Drive/Comfort, S = Cupra

I hope that is now as clear as mud to you all! LOL

Last edited:

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Its not as straight forward as it seems. Can’t comment on the manual, but on the DSG car, the ‘engine’ mode determines the gearbox mode. In reality the different engine modes make no difference to power. It’s all about throttle response and how it works with the gearbox.

So economical mode is just ‘D/Drive’ but it drops out of gear when you lift off the throttle. It rengages when you touch either the brake pedal or accelerator.

Normal/Comfort, is just the normal engine throttle response and ‘D/Drive’.

Sport, puts the gearbox into sport mode, turns up the actuator and I suspect it also changes the throttle mapping to be more responsive.

If you’re in comfort mode and knock the gearbox into sport, it effectively turns the engine into this mode but leaves everything else in comfort (suspension etc).

Equally in sport mode if you knock the gearbox into ‘D/Drive’, the engine and gearbox go into Comfort mode and everything else stays in sport.

In Cupra mode the engine and gearbox are setup in sport, Actuauror goes into ridiculous mode, throttle response is improved, and because of the way the gearbox and engine mapping is setup you get the lift of pops etc.

Individual mode depends on your settings obviously:

If set to economical.
D = Economicsl, S = Sport

If set to comfort or Sport
D = Drive/Comfort, S = Sport

If set to Cupra
D= Drive/Comfort, S = Cupra

I hope that is now as clear as mud to you all! LOL

so basically you are saying just drive in Cupra mode all the time!! lol :drive1:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members