Seat Sound Sub...

Omi

Oct 26, 2018
Hi all, just ordered my 3rd Leon - FR TD150, FR TD184 DSG, and now waiting on a new-spec Cupra.

This 184 I specced with Seat Sound and, frankly I love it.

As far as I can tell, the Cupra will come with the standard 8 speaker setup, is there any way I can keep the sub from my SS and add it to the Cupra? Seems to make all the difference!

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi all, just ordered my 3rd Leon - FR TD150, FR TD184 DSG, and now waiting on a new-spec Cupra.

This 184 I specced with Seat Sound and, frankly I love it.

As far as I can tell, the Cupra will come with the standard 8 speaker setup, is there any way I can keep the sub from my SS and add it to the Cupra? Seems to make all the difference!
I think you would be best off specifying the new version of SS (think its called Beats Audio) on your new car.

Omi

Oct 26, 2018
I think you would be best off specifying the new version of SS (think its called Beats Audio) on your new car.
New one’s a lease, I’m going for the cheap and dirty solution really. :)

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
New one’s a lease, I’m going for the cheap and dirty solution really. :)
If you do go down the route of removing it from your 184, there's an additional speaker in the grill on top of the dashboard. Also, there's some coding that would have to be done. I'd look into it first, as the new Infotainment system might be expecting Beats Audio components, not SEAT Sound. For the same reason, the connections might be different.

Reactions: Walone

Kjimi

Jan 12, 2016
Kerava, Finland
To retrofit a Seat Sound System to a car with standard audio system you will need the center speaker and the subwoofer. You will need to route new speaker cables from the clove box infotainment unit for the center speaker and the subwoofer. The pinouts behind the infotainment unit are different for the Seat Sound System so some of the speaker cables need to be changed to different pins and new center speaker and subwoofer cables are connected to these old empty pins.

The hardest and most important part is that you will need to find some one or buy VCP (Vag Can Pro) OBD-II cable with the latest software. The parameterisation of your infortainment unit needs to be changed from standard audio system to Seat Sound System. Otherwise wrong signals are sent to wrong speakers and your system will sound ****. The parameterisation changes also enable the subwoofer volume setting to the infortainment unit.

More info in here: https://translate.google.com/transl...,15700149,15700168,15700173,15700186,15700201

Omi

Oct 26, 2018
That information is perfect. I guess we don’t even know if the latest entertainment unit will work... Going to reconsider! :)

I guess I call IMG and see how much Beats would be, even though my experience of Beats Audio is basically bass for bass’ sake, no overall sound quality.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.