What LED bulbs are fitted to 2018 leon ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 98136
  • Start date

Deleted member 98136

Now looking at a 1.4 TSI 125 FR Technology (first registered in May 2018).

1/. Is the Interior Lighting now fully LED bulbs ?

2/. Are the front Fog Lights LED ?

Online manual not really informative enough.

Thank you

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
Now looking at a 1.4 TSI 125 FR Technology (first registered in May 2018).

1/. Is the Interior Lighting now fully LED bulbs ?

2/. Are the front Fog Lights LED ?

Online manual not really informative enough.

Thank you

I have a 1.8FR technology registered mid April 18, it came with all interior LED lighting and LED fog lights as standard

Hope that helps

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
The interior lights will not be led unless the optional £80 pack was specified, or you buy £20 of retrofit lamps and do it yourself. The fog lamps are indeed LED.

EFF11

Jun 16, 2016
I suspect that the 18 Reg 1.4 125ps fr cars may be run-out models pending the introduction of the new 2019 model. The fr was not available with a 125ps engine when I bought mine in 2015. Run-out models tend to come with items that used to be extras, so it's worth asking. Recently there have been pre-registered Excellence models with the 125ps engine on Autotrader for around £17000.

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Do you recommend any replacement LEDs?
I ordered mine on eBay for a fiver but I’ve just checked and they’re now unavailable. As long as they are listed as error free and are decent brightness lumens wise you should be fine. Mine is definitely brighter than the standard bulb, makes reversing a lot easier.

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
I ordered mine on eBay for a fiver but I’ve just checked and they’re now unavailable. As long as they are listed as error free and are decent brightness lumens wise you should be fine. Mine is definitely brighter than the standard bulb, makes reversing a lot easier.

Sound, I'll have a look mate cheers!

Deleted member 98136

Worth remembering even the new Leons still come with a damn incandescent reverse bulb. Cheap and simple to replace with a bright LED bulb though!

Oh dear !

I hadn't realised that, I did put a decent LED bulb in my present Leon but still thought it to be not good enough, so I fitted a Led reverse light under the centre of the rear trim, and what a difference !
So it looks like I've got to do the same again :banghead:

Thanks for info.

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
I got my LED reverse bulb from AutoBulbsDirect, they're not cheap but it's very bright and produces a nice clean, white light. Far better than the eBay one I had before which started flickering after a while.

Realistically as long as you get a decent one, one bulb is enough.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
+1 for AutoBulbsDirect.
The difference is literally like night and day. Why SEAT fit a glowworm for a reversing light when every other light on the outside of the car is LED is beyond me :shrug:

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015

That's what I'll go for. I don't want to screw extra lights to the outside of the car when they're only needed for a few winter months.

Deleted member 98136

I got my LED reverse bulb from AutoBulbsDirect, they're not cheap but it's very bright and produces a nice clean, white light. Far better than the eBay one I had before which started flickering after a while.

Hi there,

Can you please identify which of these bulbs you are referirng to -

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/led-reversing-light-bulbs/

Thank you

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
The white bulbs are out of stock, and out of stock the other places I've looked as well. Rats.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.