Aerial problems

sealover1

Oct 29, 2012
Hi guys replaced my Aerial on my mk1 Leon few year ago but to be honest its still not that good, had anyone had the same problems with there mk1 and is there a better one that can be fitted for a better signal??

sealover1

Oct 29, 2012
A Dab?? what's a dab, its not a standard car stereo it has no cassette or CD its just a radio and Bluetooth
whats so good about Dab sparkie?

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
Do you have an after market head unit? If so you need a booster for the aerial as the standard Aura head unit has an in built aerial booster and after market units don't.
When I first wired the booster into the switched live it didn't do anything. I put it on a permanent live feed instead and that seemed to fix it.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hi
Well you’ve got an Aerial problem. Does away with standard and uses a Digital Audio Broadcast.
Or DAB for short.
My stereo is a kenwood with cd tuner and tunes from my phone along with hands free which comes through your speakers.
Just don’t use the 6 cd loader. It can be removed to give a full size glove box. Guides on here on how to remove it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sealover1

Oct 29, 2012
pretty sure the new Aerial I fitted to my Leon had a built in booster as it had a live and earth wire going to it

Reactions: SalSheikh

sealover1

Oct 29, 2012
Hi
Well you’ve got an Aerial problem. Does away with standard and uses a Digital Audio Broadcast.
Or DAB for short.
My stereo is a kenwood with cd tuner and tunes from my phone along with hands free which comes through your speakers.
Just don’t use the 6 cd loader. It can be removed to give a full size glove box. Guides on here on how to remove it too.

I don't think My new radio has dab on it as it needs an aerial to work so dab works with no aerial I never knew that, an expensive fix though to buy a new unit

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Don’t know your budget.
Otherwise grab a booster as posted above. and try that. Don’t know how much they are.
The original head unit s are pretty naff tbh. Think I paid 130 for my new unit.
I know there are units from Sony etc that start at about 80 quid though.
Halfords and eBay.
I imagine coming up to Christmas there will be plenty second hand units available cheap from people needing Christmas cash. Worth a punt.

sealover1

Oct 29, 2012
pretty sure the new Aerial I bought from seat and fitted to my Leon had a built in booster as it had a live and earth wire going to it, it was the correct one for the car

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.