FR - Alloy wheel wrapping

Harber96

Nov 8, 2018
Morning all!

I am exploring all possibilities in terms of modifying the look of my FR's alloys. Of course the easy option is to spray them black, however 1 'accidental' kurbing and they would look terrible... I am now looking at the possibility of getting the alloys wrapped instead, and would like to know if anyone has done this for the Tech Pack Alloy Wheel set?

If not, I wonder if we have any photoshop wizards out there that may be able to change the inserts of the below alloy to black? Just so the front face is the original colour...

leon-2.jpg

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
I'm not sure that wrapping would stand up that well to the elements or cleaning on wheels - but I could be wrong.

I remember someone had theirs painted / powder coated black and the face diamond cut that looked pretty good (will try to find the thread) If I was going to paint them would probably go gun metal grey or a slightly darker silver.

Other option could be plasti-dip as fully removable.

Edit -

This was the tread mate https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/18-performance-alloys-diamond-cut-other-stuff.397929/ but the pictures no longer show for me.

bluehandle

Feb 28, 2011
I'm not sure that wrapping would stand up that well to the elements or cleaning on wheels
Exactly what I was going to say - it may work well in warmer climates, but with all the UK rain plus winter sludge and hot temps on the wheels through braking etc, I would imagine it would start to peel pretty quick.

Powder coat and perhaps some rim protectors .....

Harber96

Nov 8, 2018
I'm not sure that wrapping would stand up that well to the elements or cleaning on wheels - but I could be wrong.

I remember someone had theirs painted / powder coated black and the face diamond cut that looked pretty good (will try to find the thread) If I was going to paint them would probably go gun metal grey or a slightly darker silver.

Other option could be plasti-dip as fully removable.

Edit -

This was the tread mate https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/18-performance-alloys-diamond-cut-other-stuff.397929/ but the pictures no longer show for me.

Thanks Rob, looks as though the pictures have been removed for some reason :(

Harber96

Nov 8, 2018
Exactly what I was going to say - it may work well in warmer climates, but with all the UK rain plus winter sludge and hot temps on the wheels through braking etc, I would imagine it would start to peel pretty quick.

Powder coat and perhaps some rim protectors .....

That was my worries as well to be honest. Although I have had some pretty crazy guarantees from a few places to back up these worries - Still not fully convinced though!

I'm definitely going to go for some black rim protectors regardless! Great shout there

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
You can have hydrographic / water transfers applied, but I think these will be more expensive than just painting, but you can have a unique finish.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise