Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
dcu4qd.jpg

:cloud9:
minted!!

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
I went through a tunnel in second gear and let the car change at redline, the DSG fart was very loud but was very deep and more like the M140i fart (kinda sounds like one of those air-zooka's).

It seems a lot more grown up than on the previous 280/290/300s but that's just my opinion in terms of exhaust noises, the bangs can be very loud but most of the time they are quite muted, still turns some heads.

Also has anyone tried Launch Control? I triggered it yesterday to see what it sounded like, and it was nuts, the car sounded evil, and the turbo spool was all I could hear from the front and a bunch of bangs out of the back! I didn't actually launch it, and probably never will..
I would say they sound more like the S3/Golf Rs farts and as you say more grown up. you do get some serious popping and banging when revving in Cupra mode, can someone explain how to get into launch control, I must be missing something. in a Porsche its easy, Knock it into D and press sport plus, left foot down, right foot down then go for it

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
I would say they sound more like the S3/Golf Rs farts and as you say more grown up. you do get some serious popping and banging when revving in Cupra mode, can someone explain how to get into launch control, I must be missing something. in a Porsche its easy, Knock it into D and press sport plus, left foot down, right foot down then go for it

Put it in Cupra mode and press and hold traction control button till you hear a beep (whilst stationary). Will say launch control activated on the dash. Right foot hard down and let the brakes go.

Edit: Might be an easier way but thats how I did it the one time i tried it.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Easy.
1.) press the ESC button to either half off or fully off
2.) Stick the gearbox into S
3.) Hold foot on brake and press accelator until revs climb at catch at around 4000 (launch control activated shows on the dash when ready)
4.) side step brake pedal
5.) hold on!

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Easy.
1.) press the ESC button to either half off or fully off
2.) Stick the gearbox into S
3.) Hold foot on brake and press accelator until revs climb at catch at around 4000 (launch control activated shows on the dash when ready)
4.) side step brake pedal
5.) hold on!

I can't help but feel its a pure gimmick in the hatch. I can certainly get it off the line quicker with the paddles by short shifting up to 2nd.

4Drive ST is a different matter however.

Reactions: AlexOS

Copeys

Sep 13, 2018
Hi all,

I’ve just placed my order!. Magnetic grey 5dr cupra lux from img. I can’t remember if there have been any images circulating of a magnetic grey copra... does anyone have links to pics if so please.

Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
If you want a Cupra the only thing you choose now is Colour, 5d or ST and Lux or No Lux.

Manual Gearbox has gone as has 3door.

Hi Maypack

I know things change all the time but the SPEC list i was given by the dealer (one of their internal docs) last weeks does show a few options including the sunroof still being available - will double check when i get home but i think the others were double boot floor on the ST only, Driver Assistance & Safety Pack and Spare Wheel (not for Cupra as standard)

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Hi Maypack

I know things change all the time but the SPEC list i was given by the dealer (one of their internal docs) last weeks does show a few options including the sunroof still being available - will double check when i get home but i think the others were double boot floor on the ST only, Driver Assistance & Safety Pack and Spare Wheel (not for Cupra as standard)
The sheet might be out of date as everyone has been getting free spare wheels since production started up again.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Hi Maypack

All I would say is get confirmation that what they say they can give you, you can get. A lot of people on here have been disappointed not to get what they were told they could have.

The WLTP debacle has caused loads of pain and I’d hate for you to order a car (if that’s your intention) and find out just before it’s due to be handed over after a hefty wait that it isn’t the spec you want.

Reactions: Rob66 and Bedlam

superdon

Jan 30, 2017
Coming up to the end of the lease on an FR and have really enjoyed the car. Decided to spend a few more quid on a Cupra this time.

Anyone aware of any good personal lease deals at the moment? I am in no rush.

How long are we looking at for a factory order at the moment?

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
Thinking I might have to phone SEAT to have a moan, still no build date after 10 months...

Wondering if they want me to cancel as I did have a lot of extras for them to 'manually' add...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise