Installing second boot light

Speedbird

Aug 10, 2018
Has anyone on here installed a second boot light?
I have a Leon estate, and just one light is not enough. I have already installed a SMD LED bulb, which is brighter, but I want more light still.
I want it to look as original as possibly, preferably with the same light housing and in the same place on the other side of the boot.
I am not very electrically minded by the way, I can just about rewire a 3 pin plug!
Cheers.

Reactions: Damo H

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Has anyone on here installed a second boot light?
I have a Leon estate, and just one light is not enough. I have already installed a SMD LED bulb, which is brighter, but I want more light still.
I want it to look as original as possibly, preferably with the same light housing and in the same place on the other side of the boot.
I am not very electrically minded by the way, I can just about rewire a 3 pin plug!
Cheers.
I'm thinking of doing the same, an ST as well.
I'm sure it should be fairly easy provided the new lamp would fit somewhere on the left side, it's just a matter of running two wires from the existing lamp around to the L/H side, I did it on a previous car no problem at all.

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
I know it's a different car but you may get some ideas from this thread, they've installed 2 LED boot lights in place of a single halogen bulb.
https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/308-2014-122/led-boot-upgrade-really-bright-169289/
Thanks for the great link. Just ordered these LED strips now. I was only just complaining about the crap light this week. The lights will probably take a month to arrive from China but will follow up with this once I get them and do a little how to for the Leon. Dont expect anything fancy from me though, I'm far from an electrician.

Reactions: IbizaNI

IbizaNI

Mar 23, 2015
Newtownards, Northern Ireland
Thanks for the great link. Just ordered these LED strips now. I was only just complaining about the crap light this week. The lights will probably take a month to arrive from China but will follow up with this once I get them and do a little how to for the Leon. Dont expect anything fancy from me though, I'm far from an electrician.

I'm interested in how it will turn out, I guess being on other forums can be helpful to nick a few ideas sometimes!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.