MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

AlexOS

When I ordered in Feb, I had the option of SC and 5door in either DSG or manual.. I could also choose th ST in either fwd manual or DSG or 4Drive DSG .. it is still available in France among others, although now down to 290 as per the 5door..
upload_2018-11-14_11-44-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-14_11-44-27.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-14_11-44-27.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 69

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
When I ordered in Feb, I had the option of SC and 5door in either DSG or manual.. I could also choose th ST in either fwd manual or DSG or 4Drive DSG .. it is still available in France among others, although now down to 290 as per the 5door..
View attachment 2779

Ok AlexOs calm down, don’t get your knickers in a twist. I was wrong. Must be all that built up testosterone of not receiving your cupra or coppra yet. Don’t worry the boat will dock soon and it will be at the dealership and you can pick it up and have a play with your new toy...... Carbon St limited edition has 4 round tailpipes Cupra r has 2 have a nice day now. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maypack and Damo H

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
Little update in case it helps anyone else. My BW41 ST 300 4Drive is stuck at dealers as my broker can't get docs out of Leaseplan, there appears to be an IT issue, presumably caused by the CAP database being out of kilter and not fully updated. Needless to say I am frustrated, but in fairness so is my broker with cars sitting undelivered they are not getting paid either.

RaVe

Oct 24, 2018
Just in case any one has not seen this. Some of us have struggled getting realistic insurance quotes due to the new 290 model. My dealer has just sent me this from Seat after i emailed him about them issue:

Some vehicles have started to arrive in the UK before their insurance ABI codes have been released by Thatcham (Association of British Insurers’ administration) to the insurance industry. This is because of the late availability of technical data under WLTP.

As a result, some smaller insurers may find it difficult to identify these vehicles in their systems, so customers may find getting insurance from these providers difficult.

Volkswagen Financial Services has confirmed that they can offer insurance on any of the affected vehicles should any customers have trouble obtaining insurance from other providers. This has also been confirmed with Direct Line, and we believe this will be the case for other large insurers.

We expect these ABI codes to be released by Thatcham no later than Tuesday 20 November, after which all insurers should be able to find the vehicles as normal.

Please advise customers to organise insurance before handover and to directly contact larger insurance providers to obtain quotes where necessary.

Thankfully i have now had a realistic quote from our insurers who consulted with their underwriters, still a little more than i would of imagined, but will hopefully get a rebate when the codes have been released.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Not sure about the wheels. And I still think the copper badging being matt rather than polished looks cheap.
Must be getting old.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Ok AlexOs calm down, don’t get your knickers in a twist. I was wrong. Must be all that built up testosterone of not receiving your cupra or coppra yet. Don’t worry the boat will dock soon and it will be at the dealership and you can pick it up and have a play with your new toy...... Carbon St limited edition has 4 round tailpipes Cupra r has 2 have a nice day now. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
@AlexOS Is also wrong :bounce: The UK never had the 300 ST in DSG FWD. Seat UK never brought that option over here. The only 300 ST FWD was the Manual.

The 280 and 290 ST had the FWD DSG but that was before the 4 drive.

Said it before, the press said the FWD DSG ST was the car to have over the DSG 4Drive, but it never came to the UK.

@Deano j1971 his car is already here :blink: he’s just deciding whether to cancel it and get a Lux and no doubt spend another few months moaning about it on here while he drives his Golf R without the metal footrest.:harhar:

Last edited:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Yeah there is a ST fwd.
And
Yeah they designed a CUPRA R ST with 4 pipes.
We ended up with a watered down carbon though.

Not sure about it's release.
3947bfb2963e3ef2d2b5c41f1c221be9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Although if Seat UK website and Autocar are to be believed the ST R is still coming. I’d be annoyed but I prefer the red Calipers and lack of copper haha. That carbon rear wing though....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members