Servicing Advice please

Oceansplasher

Mar 1, 2016
Hi Guys,

Can I get some advice please on my next service. I have a Seat Leon FR mk3 65 plate.

I have been paying into a service plan with my local dealer and there is over £200 in the pot for the next service.

But, the car is kind of out of sync with warranty and MOT (which I normally do together)

The car had its 1st service at 3k and 3 months old, the 2nd at 11k and 15 months old, the 3rd at 20k and 27 months old. so now the fourth service (which the dealer says is a major service, as they say it alternates between minor and major), is coming due.

The car has actually done 27k to now, and is out of the 36 month warranty period.
What I would like to know is, what does the fourth Seat service include, does it really need it at 27k miles and am I throwing money away at £200 to the dealer? Is there equally good servicing out there that would do it at a better price and should I get the over £200 back from the service plan account and go elsewhere?

I live in Derbyshire if that's relevant.

thanks for any help/advice.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Can't seem to find the guide at the mo. So top of my head, major service would be oil n filter, pollen filter, air filter. Maybe spark plugs. The dealer price is capped anyway, so can't see it being much cheaper at an indy garage. Although it's worth shopping round as some garages include other things such as fuel filter as part of the major service (and include in the price). The only thing that's really critical is oil. As long as your car gets oil yearly, you shouldn't have any major issues.

If you want to save cash, most garages will do an oil change for around 50ish. And you could do the air, pollen filters yourself and also spark plugs if needed.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.