Detailing stuff and cold weather

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Morning all, as this is the first year of detailing I'm not sure if I should be bringing all my waxes etc inside for the winter lol

I guess nothing likes minus temperatures ..

Ideas/experiences welcome

@Sharpy @Legojon

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
You want to avoid them freezing for sure, they can separate at low temps and its hard to get them to mix back together, I have a couple that have crystallised a bit as they got cold in the last house. in the new house the garage is integrated so it never really gets that cold. Just keep them in the cupboards in the kitchen with all the cooking stuff... my wife loves that! :whistle:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
You want to avoid them freezing for sure, they can separate at low temps and its hard to get them to mix back together, I have a couple that have crystallised a bit as they got cold in the last house. in the new house the garage is integrated so it never really gets that cold. Just keep them in the cupboards in the kitchen with all the cooking stuff... my wife loves that! :whistle:
Roger that, I will bring it in and leave it in the house from now me thinks. Best get a cupboard sorted lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Morning all, as this is the first year of detailing I'm not sure if I should be bringing all my waxes etc inside for the winter lol

What? You keep them outside? I keep mine near the front door as I use my cleaning stuff more than my coat/shoes. As an aside, I also put Autoglym vinyl/rubber round all the rubber door seals when I wash during winter.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
What? You keep them outside? I keep mine near the front door as I use my cleaning stuff more than my coat/shoes. As an aside, I also put Autoglym vinyl/rubber round all the rubber door seals when I wash during winter.
Yeah everythings in the garage lol I may get an insulated box to put everything in haha

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.