CUPRA Ateca Open For Ordering

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Snows (Portsmouth) have put a review of their demonstrator on YouTube:
First one I've seen with right hand drive! However, there seems to be a couple of anomalies:

The 'sales executive' says that the panoramic sunroof comes as standard on that model. However, the configurator doesn't indicate this (in fact, it doesn't mention the sunroof at all at the moment).

On the configurator if you select anything other than the base model, the standard specification is updated to include the space-saver spare wheel. However, when the boot is opened in the video to show the amp and subwoofer for the Beats audio there is no sign of a spare wheel.
I really really hate the badge. Its like something out of transformers. Although i do like the cupra lettering on the front bumper!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ElBrillante

Nov 8, 2018
Estepona, Spain
www.youtube.com
I thought that the wheels were 20” with this pack,not 19” as in the video

I don't think there are 20" alloys, they certainly aren't an option here and I wonder if that is something that was mentioned when the car was announced months ago without any hard facts? Both the diamond cut and copper wheels you need for the Brembo brakes are 19"

The online configurator has broken here too now, it seems you can't have Beats audio with the Brembos as Brembos need the copper/diamond cut wheels which need the spare wheel which means you can't have the Beats! Thankfully the dealers configurator works fine!

Last edited:
Reactions: Billyray911

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
One the excellent bits of info further up this thread mentions the launch offers and programes being updated in the SEAT hub from the 15th Oct. Has this information been seen by anyone as there is still no brochure or UK website for the car which is aledgley open for orders.
What he said :). Still waiting

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
One the excellent bits of info further up this thread mentions the launch offers and programmes being updated in the SEAT hub from the 15th Oct. Has this information been seen by anyone...
What he said :). Still waiting
No, still nothing. Extremely frustrating when you have customers that want to place an order! :banghead:

Reactions: Mad Spoons

ElBrillante

Nov 8, 2018
Estepona, Spain
www.youtube.com
Little update from España, not sure how relevant to the UK but you never know!

19% off list if buying as a company
Additional €2K discount if using VW Finance

CUPRA Care package includes
  • 5 years/100.000 kms. SEAT/CUPRA Official Warranty
  • 5 years/80.000 kms. SEAT/CUPRA Maintenance Service
  • 5 years SEAT/CUPRA Mobility Service (European roadside assistance coverage)
They are quoting 8/10 weeks delivery time from placing an order

Reactions: Billyray911

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
Little update from España, not sure how relevant to the UK but you never know!

19% off list if buying as a company
Additional €2K discount if using VW Finance

CUPRA Care package includes
  • 5 years/100.000 kms. SEAT/CUPRA Official Warranty
  • 5 years/80.000 kms. SEAT/CUPRA Maintenance Service
  • 5 years SEAT/CUPRA Mobility Service (European roadside assistance coverage)
They are quoting 8/10 weeks delivery time from placing an order
At least you have some info and sounds promising for some launch deals. I thought in the UK they came with a 3 year maintenance pack?

Reactions: paulolourenco76

paulolourenco76

Apr 12, 2015
Edinburgh
received today from a reputable source. Marked as Internal so not sure I should have it :)
I am personally thinking of going for the comfort pack and the sunroof, which leaves it under 39k

Attachments

• Ateca Cupra Options.pdf
    82.6 KB · Views: 172

paulolourenco76

Apr 12, 2015
Edinburgh
That's just the same information already posted in this thread on 11th October.
yes, but worth noting that the spare wheel is included in the comfort pack, but not in the Design pack alone. Seems to be confirmed in a few dealer cars I have seen in the last weekend. Have a test drive booked for Sunday

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
yes, but worth noting that the spare wheel is included in the comfort pack, but not in the Design pack alone.

Spare wheel is required for the sub housing I suppose?

Strange why they can’t do it without one, my wife has a BOSE system with a sub and no spare wheel in her Kadjar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
yes, but worth noting that the spare wheel is included in the comfort pack, but not in the Design pack alone. Seems to be confirmed in a few dealer cars I have seen in the last weekend. Have a test drive booked for Sunday
All the photos/videos I have seen of dealer cars (which appear to have both packs), show no sign of a spare wheel. Do you think this means that specifying the design pack removes the spare wheel?!?!

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
According to my dealer.. if you order the car with Beats Audio and Brembo brakes the car will come a with tyre repair kit. If you order the car with Beats Audio only, no Brembo brakes, the car comes with a spare wheel.
Thanks for clearing that up. Like @paulolourenco76 I'm thinking that comfort and sound pack with a panoramic sunroof is the way to go. I like the security of having a spare wheel since a pothole rendered the usage of tyre gunk completely pointless and stranded us on the A43 for four hours on a dark and snowy night...

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
Tempting fate somewhat but I literally can't remember the last time I changed a wheel. I think I'd just call Roadside Recovery and let them deal with it!
Which is fine until your recovery firm subcontracts to someone else who can't find a driver with enough hours to get you home and then sticks their head in the sand hoping you'll go away. At least if you've got a space saver you can get moving again...

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
The spare wheel won’t go over the brembo’s so if you get a puncture you have to shift the rear wheel to the front and spare on the back... I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
The spare wheel won’t go over the brembo’s so if you get a puncture you have to shift the rear wheel to the front and spare on the back... I think

I never thought of that... my 19's just barely clear my brembos. So effectively the spacesaver is a paperweight.