Rear boot bump stop adjustment ?

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Hi
Would someone be able to explain or even better pic or vid of how to adjust these ? I twisted it anti clockwise and it come out of the body but couldn't work out which part you twist to push the ratchet in or out , thanks for any help and would anyone know how to tighten the rear tailgate latch as it seems to have a bit of play/rattle if you move it about.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
You can't adjust it by hand alone. There's a hex bolt running through the middle which you loosen off, then you can pull/push it on the ratchet mechanism. Once happy, re-tighten the bolt. I forget the size of the bolt but it's a fairly standard one...

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
You can't adjust it by hand alone. There's a hex bolt running through the middle which you loosen off, then you can pull/push it on the ratchet mechanism. Once happy, re-tighten the bolt. I forget the size of the bolt but it's a fairly standard one...
Do you have to remove from body to do ? And do you need pliers or something to hold one end while you undo the hex? Thanks again.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
No, it's probably easier if you leave it attached to the body when you unscrew it. Literally just loosen with hex key (goes down the centre of the bump-stop), adjust on ratchet (can be done by hand), re-tighten.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
No, it's probably easier if you leave it attached to the body when you unscrew it. Literally just loosen with hex key (goes down the centre of the bump-stop), adjust on ratchet (can be done by hand), re-tighten.

Would you have a pic by any chance ?

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
s-l400.jpg

If you turn when its on the car it turns and comes out of the body