MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Morleywhite

Oct 16, 2018
I've just hit 1100 miles and it continues to loosen up, still considering a res delete around Christmas time

I love driving this car, it's so effortless to just get to work and take it easy
Averaging between 36 and 42mpg on my journeys to and from work, depending on traffic

A toe on the throttle is enough to cruise around like a normal functioning member of society, whilst a whole foot down on the throttle still shocks me sometimes
Have seen vids on the 300 with res delete, just worried it might be a drone fest on my motorway commute.

Reactions: walshy

bluehandle

Feb 28, 2011
Have seen vids on the 300 with res delete, just worried it might be a drone fest on my motorway commute.
Yes - it is. You can control it a bit on the motorway by being super light with your right foot, but if you need to get around something, there is no controlling it. It's more fun on slower roads, but even then I was a bit self conscious about pulling away fast next to anyone who looks like they may have a heart condition.

I realised that the reason I got the Cupra was for it's sleeper appearance and so I went back to standard. I had mine on for about 2 weeks and passed it on. The guy who took mine has a manual 300 and he was saying that it's much harder to get any noise out of his than the DSG whose farts and bangs are more readily accessible.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Jimborosslato

Nov 12, 2018
So ordered on a personal lease with gateway2lease/leaseplan.

3+35, 10k miles, Fully maintained
£801 initial
35 x £267

Fairly happy with that. Gone for mystery blue, as we have a FR in that colour at the moment, and it looks great (when clean!).

Credit checks done, lease approved and car secured. Gateway2lease prices have since shot up. Don't need the car for a few months, so now just got to try and forget about it for a while

That’s a fair bit cheaper than the other quotes you posted, did you manage to get them to drop the price for you?

kevlar

Oct 23, 2018
DSG - best decision of my life for 95% of the time. Incredible.

I had a dsg audi a3 years ago, hated it with a passion, had a test drive in a fabia vrs with dsg and again loathed and i absolutely would not consider anything with dsg, when i took out my current lease i was going to go cupra 300 manual, but decided against it due to the price of the lease at the time and needed a bit more space inside the car - forward 18 months and im looking at my next car and got green light from wife to go back to a smaller car as little ones a bit older now so my pushchair etc to cart around everywhere - I then find out the worlds gone insane and can only have a dsg cupra, did a test drive anyway expecting to hate it and move on.

How wrong was I, it was very, very good so very different to any dsg i had driven previously - so mines on order now!.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
My first dsg is my current 184 tdi FR. When I decided to get a cupra another DSG was the only option for me brilliant piece of kit.

Folk go ah it's an automatic though, dual clutch gear box's don't deserve to be brushed off as an automatic they are a different level. I wouldn't choose manual over a DSG again.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Starting to wonder if I'm meant to get this car...
Even the captain of the Aquarius Ace has been having second thoughts it seems.

Should have reached Grimsby yesterday morning after departing from Sheerness with BW45's on.
f133d87f54748c56bab77d5d28878c78.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014

Should have reached Grimsby yesterday morning after departing from Sheerness with BW45's on.

It's almost like he knows your watching :roflmao:

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Michael1a1

Oct 22, 2015
After much deliberation have finally got around to putting the order in :thumbup:

First time with a PCH deal so have gone through Lookers in Stockport after hearing that they've been decent all round with owners on here.

Bit that took the time was which colour to go with!! Settled on Desire Red after seeing the recent pics. Still not seen one in the flesh so will see if I change my mind if i get the opportunity to have a look before the order is confirmed with SEAT.

Now just the wait till it’s actually built an on its way!

Just having a bit of a read as this will be the first DSG that i've owned, saw someone mention that there is a guide on useful tips of driving a DSG gearbox coming from using a manual.

Have had a look but not had any luck finding it. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just having a bit of a read as this will be the first DSG that i've owned, saw someone mention that there is a guide on useful tips of driving a DSG gearbox coming from using a manual.

Have had a look but not had any luck finding it. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?
This was an awesome source for me.
Although very long and aimed originally at those on the golf forum. Obviously very applicable to us though.

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/8915-an-interesting-dsg-users-guideworth-a-read/

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK

Sat at work and getting bored - that made me laugh out loud - looks like he is lost..

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
SEAT Customer Services have taken the wheel, they are all over the place!:clown:

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018

We've seen the Aquarius Ace doing this before. My theory is that the skipper sits with his feet on the dashboard, shoes off and twiddles the wheel with his toes.
Alternatively he dropped his winning EuroMillions ticket overboard and he's desperately trying to fish it out.
There is of course a logical expanation: there isn't a berth available yet. Or he's messing with your mind.

Reactions: beddin90

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
We've seen the Aquarius Ace doing this before. My theory is that the skipper sits with his feet on the dashboard, shoes off and twiddles the wheel with his toes.
Alternatively he dropped his winning EuroMillions ticket overboard and he's desperately trying to fish it out.
There is of course a logical expanation: there isn't a berth available yet. Or he's messing with your mind.
There were High Tide warnings on the East Coast this afternoon

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
hes most likely waiting on the tide and other traffic.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bedlam
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.