Which door lock do I need?

MLT

Oct 24, 2018
Forest Row
Hi guys

I'm having the age old problem of locks doing their own things, inside light not coming on etc etc. The driver's door seems to be the culprit, as using the passenger door turns the light on, deactivates the relocking etc.

I've searched high and low on ebay and google to find the right replacement lock, but every seller says I need to check what's on the car - surely there must be easier way than taking it all apart before ordering??

Any tips welcome, car is a 5dr 2003 tdi.

Thanks

Tony

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Drivers door not turning light on is generally the plastic cam worn in the door that lets the car know the door is open. Search on here as it’s a common problem and there are guides to fix on
Here.

MLT

Oct 24, 2018
Forest Row
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've read the guides and I'm aware it's the microswitch inside. The central locking has been going nuts the past few days, clearly the door doesn't know whether it's open or closed...

I found two options for the replacement lock, 3B2 837 016A or 3B2 837 016R but nowhere could confirm which type was needed.
I bought the A suffix as it was the only of the 2 with free returns and stripped the door down last night following the guide.

Naturally, the lock fitted to the car is the R suffix.

For info, the A suffix has 9 pins in a 10 pin electrical socket. The R suffix has 8 pins in a smaller socket.

Which means I get to do it all again!!

In the mean time, if I remove the central locking fuse, will it mess anything up? Not too bothered about physically locking the car for a few days

Drivers door not turning light on is generally the plastic cam worn in the door that lets the car know the door is open. Search on here as it’s a common problem and there are guides to fix on
Here.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.