MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

DS814

Apr 8, 2018
Starting to wonder if I'm meant to get this car...
Even the captain of the Aquarius Ace has been having second thoughts it seems.

Should have reached Grimsby yesterday morning after departing from Sheerness with BW45's on.
f133d87f54748c56bab77d5d28878c78.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Anyone know when the BW46 cars will be on the boat & which boat? Informed by my broker today that my ST 4 Drive is enroute from the factory. I want to join the other saddos on here & track the boat

penyfai

Feb 4, 2018
Absolutely livid with SEAT tonight!

Went to sign updated lease related paperwork at my local SEAT dealer this afternoon, before collecting my BW42 Cupra ST 4drive on 1st December (ordered in March) - and I realised they'd removed servicing, maintenance and tyres from my deal. After a lot of back and for between the dealer's finance man dealer and VWFS they decided it needed to be escalated for a manual review of the deal.

At this point I left the dealer as they said they might not get a response today. Just read an email from the dealer's finance man and the cost to me has gone up £450 over 3 years from what we agreed in March. I'm already annoyed by the delays and unwanted spec. changes and now this... I'm not going to pay more than previously agreed so will call Customer Services in the morning to see what we can do.

Has anyone else experienced this?

r3d

Nov 21, 2018
Hi Guys!
I ordered my desire red 5dr DSG Cupra on 10th september here in Bosnia, and I almost got it made in december, but the dealer delayed it because he promised me a 2019. produced year so it will be made sometime in mid january.
However, it will have a 7-speed DSG, why isn't there one in a vote?

Reactions: Jordan McCabe

Jordan McCabe

Jul 5, 2018
Hi Guys!
I ordered my desire red 5dr DSG Cupra on 10th september here in Bosnia, and I almost got it made in december, but the dealer delayed it because he promised me a 2019. produced year so it will be made sometime in mid january.
However, it will have a 7-speed DSG, why isn't there one in a vote?
The short waiting time will be worth it. They look fabulous!

Reactions: r3d

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013

Went to sign updated lease related paperwork at my local SEAT dealer this afternoon, before collecting my BW42 Cupra ST 4drive on 1st December (ordered in March) - and I realised they'd removed servicing, maintenance and tyres from my deal. After a lot of back and for between the dealer's finance man dealer and VWFS they decided it needed to be escalated for a manual review of the deal.

At this point I left the dealer as they said they might not get a response today. Just read an email from the dealer's finance man and the cost to me has gone up £450 over 3 years from what we agreed in March. I'm already annoyed by the delays and unwanted spec. changes and now this... I'm not going to pay more than previously agreed so will call Customer Services in the morning to see what we can do.

The agreed price should locked its not your fault they failed to deliver on time.

Reactions: penyfai

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

Agree with @LeonFR62

They can try and get out of it, but if you have documented proof of your deal, you have a good chance of getting them to honour it.

Although they may drag their feet a little.

I've been successful in a similar situation against SEAT with my order. The emails between myself and SEAT finance were my evidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: penyfai

Jonouk1

Formentor V2 190
Aug 1, 2015
Bradford
BW41 - ST 300 still no sign of paperwork from Arval, been told there's a backlog of paperwork due to computer problems and mine is in the queue somewhere........very frustrating car sat at the dealers for almost 2 weeks....:banghead:

penyfai

Feb 4, 2018
If you have already signed the original that states the additional items and the cost, then don't sign the updated one.

I haven't signed a lease agreement yet, only the initial order. But I have paid a deposit to the dealer, so that might give me some leverage.

Agree with @LeonFR62

They can try and get out of it, but if you have documented proof of your deal, you have a good chance of getting them to honour it.

Although they may drag they're feet a little.

They are definitely dragging their feet this morning! VWFS won't let me speak to them as the agreement isn't live yet. SEAT Customer Services don't want to know as it's a VWFS issue. Apparently my only choice is to go through the dealer, who are being helpful enough.

VWFS did let slip that the increase in price was because I will now be getting an upgraded MY19 model. Which obviously wasn't my choice! Would have been more than happy with the spec I ordered in March.

I have all the paperwork, including the original terms.

Still feeling livid. I expect this will be resolved one way or another today - either they honour the agreement, or I'm walking away and seeking compensation for the distress and inconvenience.

Reactions: Mystery290

Jordan McCabe

Jul 5, 2018
Anyone know if you can have the exhaust cracking and banging whilst keeping it in usual drive mode instead of sport? Just so I can annoy the neighbours with minimal fuel expenses :clap:

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I haven't signed a lease agreement yet, only the initial order. But I have paid a deposit to the dealer, so that might give me some leverage.

They are definitely dragging their feet this morning! VWFS won't let me speak to them as the agreement isn't live yet. SEAT Customer Services don't want to know as it's a VWFS issue. Apparently my only choice is to go through the dealer, who are being helpful enough.

VWFS did let slip that the increase in price was because I will now be getting an upgraded MY19 model. Which obviously wasn't my choice! Would have been more than happy with the spec I ordered in March.

I have all the paperwork, including the original terms.

Still feeling livid. I expect this will be resolved one way or another today - either they honour the agreement, or I'm walking away and seeking compensation for the distress and inconvenience.
So long as your order was placed before the order books were closed for MY18's (2nd week of June I think, which yours was it was March) then you are price protected and they owe you an MY18 converted to MY19 car at the price you agreed with all the options that you selected at time...even though you can't select now as stand-alones. I'd be pushing like hell at VWFS

Reactions: Mystery290

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
SCS have confirmed earlier today that my car arrived in the UK today, so I assume our cars shared the same crossing?
Good stuff mate.

BW45?

Yeah the Aquarius Ace arrived in Grimsby in the
early hours of this morning and has now set off for Tyne.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.