BCS Powervalve Prestige Turbo Back w. cat - It's arrived!

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Much like the title says, the guys from BCS Powervalve have shipped the exhaust to me. I've contacted Gavin at GSport Cars in Belfast and he's to get back to me with a slot for fitting.

Watch this space for fitting photos & a review :)

(Cupra 280 ST DSG, Brembos, JB4, FBO soon)

There's a big box in my hall in the meantime lol
20181119_124629.jpg

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Much like the title says, the guys from BCS Powervalve have shipped the exhaust to me. I've contacted Gavin at GSport Cars in Belfast and he's to get back to me with a slot for fitting.

Watch this space for fitting photos & a review :)

(Cupra 280 ST DSG, Brembos, JB4, FBO soon)

There's a big box in my hall in the meantime lol View attachment 2898

It’s like Christmas has come early,what tips you gone for or are you keeping that back for the big reveal..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cupra Belfast

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
I'm considering the same exhaust for my ST, a 280 like yours. Mines a manual so no farting. I'd be interested to hear how it sounds from both inside and outside the car. The are videos of the sport version, but not the prestige which I believe is slightly quieter.

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I’ve been looking into BCS, but I’m confused as to what setup I need to get? There’s so many options but I don’t know what my car needs? also does it matter that my car is the Cupra 300 as it says on the website it’s for the cupra 280?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I’ve been looking into BCS, but I’m confused as to what setup I need to get? There’s so many options but I don’t know what my car needs? also does it matter that my car is the Cupra 300 as it says on the website it’s for the cupra 280?

My understanding is that the 280,290 and 300's all have the same exhaust routing and fitment. The 280 had an extra silencer that the 290 and 300 don;t have but otherwise they're the same. Again the ST has the same exhaust 280, 290 and 300, with the exception being the 300 4 drive.

However the guys a BCS where ever cautious with my car. They had fitted a system to the 290 ST but not a 280 ST. I assured them the system was no different but they wanted to see the car in advance anyway. Not an issue for me as I was local and I got fitting for free as it was doing them a favour confirming that the 280 and 290 where the same.

The only thing I can think of that maybe different, and I'll try some Photoshop comparisons now is the diffuser exits maybe in a slightly different position. I honestly very much doubt it though.

Best advice though is to give Nige a call. Lovely chap to speak to, really honest about what he knows and doesn't know.

@ibizafrSY4 are you getting an ST 4 drive? If so they haven't developed the 300 4 drive system as yet. A guy called Nathan Kowalski I think is taking his car to them to be the first to develop one. Don't think he's on here, but he's is on the Facebook group Mk 3 Leon Cupra owners and has always been helpful. Think he was collecting his car in a week or so.

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
My understanding is that the 280,290 and 300's all have the same exhaust routing and fitment. The 280 had an extra silencer that the 290 and 300 don;t have but otherwise they're the same. Again the ST has the same exhaust 280, 290 and 300, with the exception being the 300 4 drive.

However the guys a BCS where ever cautious with my car. They had fitted a system to the 290 ST but not a 280 ST. I assured them the system was no different but they wanted to see the car in advance anyway. Not an issue for me as I was local and I got fitting for free as it was doing them a favour confirming that the 280 and 290 where the same.

The only thing I can think of that maybe different, and I'll try some Photoshop comparisons now is the diffuser exits maybe in a slightly different position. I honestly very much doubt it though.

Best advice though is to give Nige a call. Lovely chap to speak to, really honest about what he knows and doesn't know.

@ibizafrSY4 are you getting an ST 4 drive? If so they haven't developed the 300 4 drive system as yet. A guy called Nathan Kowalski I think is taking his car to them to be the first to develop one. Don't think he's on here, but he's is on the Facebook group Mk 3 Leon Cupra owners and has always been helpful. Think he was collecting his car in a week or so.

Cheers for the reply no I’m sticking with my 300 SC haha, I’m just so confused by it all, some range from £700 and others to almost 2k! Will have to get in contact with them then, where are you local to May I ask?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Cheers for the reply no I’m sticking with my 300 SC haha, I’m just so confused by it all, some range from £700 and others to almost 2k! Will have to get in contact with them then, where are you local to May I ask?

£2k will be for a full turbo back system with all extras like ceramic tips and wrap.

Cat back for an SC will be £700-£900 depending on what you want. Black tips are £25 a tip so £100 for 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: cupra300uk

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
£2k will be for a full turbo back system with all extras like ceramic tips and wrap.

Car back for an SC woll be £700-£900 depending on what you want. Black tips are £25 a tip so £100 for 4.

Not overly keen on black tips so that’s £100 extra I don’t have to spend! Would you say the exhaust is a lot louder compared with the stock one? I have a res delete and still find it fairly quiet

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.