Leon Cupra ST Carbon Edition Anyone...

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Second proper mod (ignoring VCDS, maps and speed cameras) after the tyres...

DF5D2539-2053-449C-9AEC-F1667FE12FD4.jpeg
8D14CE72-B865-4733-8979-C77A0C0A962C.jpeg
793FB4A6-5CED-4781-95DD-5C0E1DAE2FDE.jpeg

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
So, casually scrolling through Autotrader last night (like you do) I was looking at the Carbon Editions for sale on there. Decided that it's just too nice not to try and get one. I can't afford it right now but who knows what might happen in the new year and one might be for sale.

Anyway... my 280 has ACC and I use it a lot! and the Carbon doesn't have it but it got me thinking on how hard it would be to retrofit? A quick google search got me some threads from VW/ Audi and a Dutch Seat forum but they were all stating from scratch, i.e. no radar, no front assist.

The Carbon has the radar and windscreen sensor for the front assist and I am assuming that the two systems kind of work the same as the ACC option on the 280 also got you front assist and therefore the wiring already exists? So all you would need is the steering column stalks and some coding to tell the car it's installed?

Anyone who is more technical than me feel free to dash my dreams :think:
i love my acc and lane assist use it every day going to work

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Not got my Carbon yet,dealer will not release until some time in December...

Anyway,looking to get some accessories including a total coverage boot liner (tailored for the car)... dog carrying for the use of!

The company I am looking at do two versions,one for high floor position the other for low.

So,not having a car to look at I don't know which is best.

Which floor position do we think is the one to go for...bearing in mind I will probably get the spare wheel kit for underneath?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Mrs Seriously has one on her FR ST (we have a loopy black Lab)
Floor stays in the upper position which give a flat floor with no loading lip to speak of. The ST has quite a low load area which makes it ideal for the entrance /exit of hounds, especially those that are getting on in years, With the floor in the upper position, you can also park the roller blind underneath it.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Not got my Carbon yet,dealer will not release until some time in December...

Anyway,looking to get some accessories including a total coverage boot liner (tailored for the car)... dog carrying for the use of!

The company I am looking at do two versions,one for high floor position the other for low.

So,not having a car to look at I don't know which is best.

Which floor position do we think is the one to go for...bearing in mind I will probably get the spare wheel kit for underneath?
I don’t have a dog but I just sold the one that came with my car for free to @Liam

I would say it’s better in the higher position for when the dog is getting in and out. Less likely to damage things then.

The spare wheel kit will fit under the liner in the upper and lower position :)

Do you have a link to the load liner, as I only sold mine as it didn’t fit in the lower position that I prefer.

I still need to sort my spare wheel kit out too

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
I don’t have a dog but I just sold the one that came with my car for free to @Liam

I would say it’s better in the higher position for when the dog is getting in and out. Less likely to damage things then.

Do you have a link to the load liner, as I only sold mine as it didn’t fit in the lower position that I prefer.

It's a company called Titan Covers that sell the two different size liners,but I'm looking at the ones that cover the sides of the boot area as well,not just the floor.

Carbonara

Aug 19, 2018
Damo. Did yours come from Huddersfield or NW? I got my other SEAT from Huddersfield but they didn't know much when I asked immediately after Carbon Edition info was released. I ended up getting mine locally.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Damo. Did yours come from Huddersfield or NW? I got my other SEAT from Huddersfield but they didn't know much when I asked immediately after Carbon Edition info was released. I ended up getting mine locally.
Yeah mine came from Huddersfield :)

I had same issue with Crewe Seat not knowing much about it, now they have 2!

brivww

Brian W
Jan 30, 2018

I've got one of these for mine, fit perfectly in the lower boot position, good quality and free carpet mat for the liner
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VTKTSQC/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_3p_dp_1

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise