Ground point near passengers footwell?

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
Hi all

I had previously hardwired my dashcam in my Peugeot 407sw and was easily able to find the ground wires near fuse box and was wondering if anyone knows or have pictures of where they are in the st?

I have tried wiring to the bolt that is mentioned in the dashcam thread but it doesnt seem to be working as well.. Cam randomly flickers and shuts down.

Any help will be appreciated

Been a long time since being back here but glad to be back in a seat

:cheeky:

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
I don't have the ST but I'm sure yours must be similar..
92059c48f0d80e293d815643c15e3a09.jpg

Pop the passenger side panel off and use this bolt. I use this for my dash cam and Rear View Dimming mirror....

Reactions: X3RN

X3RN

Nov 11, 2018
Norfolk, UK
I don't have the ST but I'm sure yours must be similar..
92059c48f0d80e293d815643c15e3a09.jpg

Pop the passenger side panel off and use this bolt. I use this for my dash cam and Rear View Dimming mirror....
I too have done this and it worked a charm! Also cleaned the wires up a bit doing it this way.

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
I too have done this and it worked a charm! Also cleaned the wires up a bit doing it this way.
Exactly... The earth wire comes down the A-pillar and stops here before going anywhere near fuse box. Only 12V needs to go inside to fuse box.. Very handy earthing bolt...

Reactions: X3RN

X3RN

Nov 11, 2018
Norfolk, UK
Exactly... The earth wire comes down the A-pillar and stops here before going anywhere near fuse box. Only 12V needs to go inside to fuse box.. Very handy earthing bolt...
Yeah it's very handy! Took me a while to work out it was there to be honest!

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I used the above one too with no issues.

The OP appears to have also used it judging by the original post and is still having issues? Unless you've used a different dash cam thread?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I used that bolt on the 280 exactly as per the photo. But in the carbon/300 the bolt was different and painted.

I still put it there but instead of putting it directly under the bolt and washer, I loosen it and fed it between the plastic and the metal panel the bolt screws into and then tightened. That way it was touching the bare metal and not the coated bolt.