MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Either/or what ever is easiest for yourself, we are trying to see what software version it is. If you could do it tomorrow that would be brilliant

This is from a 2018 cupra 300
4a704b73317a789db762992d6cd4b3f8.jpg

Looks like the part number is the same but the software number has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As requested: @Damo H @Titchy

Part No: 5F0 920 790 A
Coding: 24AC3808FF840600018862031001000080000000

You will see that my Hex-Can-USB cable is not supported on the Cupra either :banghead:.

Dear Father Christmas, I have been a good boy and would like a new Hex-V2 cable!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5392.jpg
    IMG_5392.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Reactions: Damo H

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Yeah, the lease company told me that their policy was to include free delivery as at the time of order they did not know who the dealer would be and in fact the car may be delivered directly from the port which has no facility for collection. I called BS on this and insisted as I had a previous bad experience of delivery, I got the following response:

“The dealership is in Leeds and we can facilitate a collection from the dealership if you so wish too once the vehicle is in stock and has had all its pre delivery checks”l

Ends up costing me more in train fare & fuel but at least they don’t reward employee of the month with my new cupra for the weekend !

Who is the dealership you ordered through? Mine was in Leeds but wouldn’t let me collect mine

Last edited:

Wak3D

Sep 29, 2018
Thame, Oxford
Who is the dealership you ordered through? Mine was in Leeds but would let me collect mine

I ordered through a broker callled Leasing Options, they haven’t confirmed dealership name yet but i used the same company before for my FR and it was D M Keith so I am guessing its the same one again as they have a relationship with them.

Reactions: Smolyneux85

superdon

Jan 30, 2017
My lease is with leaseplan and the dealer is JCT600 (not sure which branch). Any idea if they allow collection?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

You will see that my Hex-Can-USB cable is not supported on the Cupra either :banghead:.

Dear Father Christmas, I have been a good boy and would like a new Hex-V2 cable!!!

Thanks for this, confirms a new digital Cockpit is needed. But the dealership doesn’t recognise the part number

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
Mine is also being driven from Leeds/Bradford to Milton Keynes. To be fair, most dealerships employ delivery drivers who don't get regular work, a bit like zero hours contracts, and that tends to attract mature members of society who like a little bit of earnings to top up a pension etc. This means they are normally careful and polite people. I just see it as someone gently helping me run the car in. That's my personal experience anyway.

rapidross

Aug 13, 2018
Mine is also being driven from Leeds/Bradford to Milton Keynes. To be fair, most dealerships employ delivery drivers who don't get regular work, a bit like zero hours contracts, and that tends to attract mature members of society who like a little bit of earnings to top up a pension etc. This means they are normally careful and polite people. I just see it as someone gently helping me run the car in. That's my personal experience anyway.
This is very true,the two lease cars I've had delivered have been by drivers over the age of 50, and looking at the mpg and average speed on delivery I could tell he had taken his time.its a lease car anyway it's not like we own it

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire

Cheers for doing that its confirmed what we feared! Strange the part no doesn't show. I may phone TPS and see what they say.

As for VCDS i was in the same boat! However you can still sell the older interface at around £300! :D I also looked at VCP As your meant to be able to do CP Removal however I couldn't find a reliable source.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Cheers for doing that its confirmed what we feared! Strange the part no doesn't show. I may phone TPS and see what they say.

As for VCDS i was in the same boat! However you can still sell the older interface at around £300! :D I also looked at VCP As your meant to be able to do CP Removal however I couldn't find a reliable source.

Probably too late, but might be worth chatting with AndyVee on the Briskoda forums - he’s one of the Gurus regarding both VCDS and VCP - he may be able to put you in touch with a uk supplier.

I’ll probably keep the cable, as I want a Mk1 TT as a project car at some time in the future, and frequent help out guys at work, forums etc.

AlexOS

Now then mate, are you happy with the MY19 changes after seeing them in the flesh?

Are you satisfied with the exhaust note at this early stage?

Thoughts compared to the R?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Definitely happy its finally arrived although I still would have preferred the looks of the pre-Wk42.. although its not quite as bad as expected.. Even my wife's first comment was "umm. whats that copper??, looks wierd"

Have only done about 10 miles so far though, although I will definitely be turning ofr the sound aktor at the first opportunity. My son-in-law works at a garage so I'll be getting his diag tool for that, and a couple of other little mods

I'm working tonight so have to drive about 35 miles to work at about 3pm, and am coming home about 4am so nice clear roads for a quick check.. It's a lease so drive it like I own it, or like I stole it??? HMMM??

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
it can be done with the diag tools. alternatively, you can physically unplug it. There are vids on youtube that show how its done.

I’ve literally just unplugged mine it’s a 2 minute job. Can confirm not faults showing in any mode once removed.

I’m just going to tape the connector up with electrical tape.

99233d825a8dcbe01b7f9e0c39f6c1e5.jpg
0421e5c2d6057d625d548fdb7977c1d7.jpg

Last edited:

GAmbrose

May 5, 2002
Essex
Visit site
1) SEAT charge £169 in the 1st year and £289 in the 2nd. The diff and gearbox also need servicing but not until years 3 & 4 respectively.

Regarding tyres, how long is a piece of string? This will heavily depend on the tyres fitted and your driving style. Most cars come with Continental Sport Contact 5, which are rubbish. Many people only get 5-8,000 miles out of them. For a Cupra, the best tyres by far are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. These often last 15,000 miles. Typical prices have been £160 for the Continentals and £185 for the Michelins but Black Circles are currently selling Michelins for the same price as the Continentals, which would be a no-brainer. Does your contract allow you to choose the tyres?

2) KESSY only comes with the Cupra Lux, not the Cupra, which has an old-fashioned key socket on the steering column (i.e. the start button only comes with KESSY).

The reversing camera only comes on Leon Excellence. Cupras only have parking sensors.

3) MY 2018-on the LED lights are pretty good but not as good as bi-Xenons. You'd need to test them to see how much difference you notice.

4) It is recommended that you run it on 98+ octane all the time. 95 octane can be used in an emergency but the ECU will retard the ignition, costing you power and economy. Tesco are currently selling Momentum 99 cheaper than diesel though (at least in my area).

5) The 7-speed DSG was introduced after production restarted a few weeks ago after a break for WLTP testing. My understanding is that an cars with the EZ designation are 7-speed but I couldn't guarantee that. 7th gear is any overdrive so will be quieter on the motorway, yes.

Thanks for your comprehensive response.

I'm so torn about what to do....

If I keep my 530D Touring then no real problems so far, but it's hit 80,000 miles and things might go wrong and could be expensive.

If I go for the SEAT then I know it'll be a great car, but the quality of the interior is a step down, the lights are worse, I'll miss the keyless start and reversing camera and the nav/entertainment system is smaller than my Pro Nav.

The fact it has nearly 300Bhp/ 4 wheel drive / digital speedo / 7 speed DSG would be a plus though!

I'm also baffled they didn't think to put a digital speedo with important UK/Ireland mile markers, like 30/50/70 etc!

Last edited:

r3d

Nov 21, 2018
I had a 530D too :) Now waiting for cupra, but ordered it with the exact options you listed :D

Definitely happy its finally arrived although I still would have preferred the looks of the pre-Wk42.. although its not quite as bad as expected.. Even my wife's first comment was "umm. whats that copper??, looks wierd"

Have only done about 10 miles so far though, although I will definitely be turning ofr the sound aktor at the first opportunity. My son-in-law works at a garage so I'll be getting his diag tool for that, and a couple of other little mods

I'm working tonight so have to drive about 35 miles to work at about 3pm, and am coming home about 4am so nice clear roads for a quick check.. It's a lease so drive it like I own it, or like I stole it??? HMMM??

Can you please make some photos or a video of the changes?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise