MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

AlexOS

Now then mate, are you happy with the MY19 changes after seeing them in the flesh?

Are you satisfied with the exhaust note at this early stage?

Thoughts compared to the R?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Initial thought after driving to work is that the throttle response is massively better in the cupra. There was always a lag when pulling away both forwards and reverse in the Golf but the Cupra doesn’t have that.

Mirrors are better on the Golf, with a wider angled view.

The digital dash on the Golf is a bit larger, Manila due to the temp and fuel gauges being part of the dash display rather than stand alone gauges on either side, but there are WAY more options to customise the Cupra dash.

The navigation display in the dash is slightly better in the Golf, due to the larger display size, but I believe you can dual screen it in the Cupra, which allows you to see more. For instance, on the Golf, you cN only see the speed limits and upcoming junctions if you have it on the main screen... none of those are displayed on the dash, and if you have it on the dash, they aren’t displayed on the media system either so you totally lose that info until you are less than a mile from the junction, when you get about 1cm of the top of your dash showing lane choice, but if you don’t happen to look at the right time, you’ll miss the turning.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Initial thought after driving to work is that the throttle response is massively better in the cupra. There was always a lag when pulling away both forwards and reverse in the Golf but the Cupra doesn’t have that.

Mirrors are better on the Golf, with a wider angled view.

The digital dash on the Golf is a bit larger, Manila due to the temp and fuel gauges being part of the dash display rather than stand alone gauges on either side, but there are WAY more options to customise the Cupra dash.

The navigation display in the dash is slightly better in the Golf, due to the larger display size, but I believe you can dual screen it in the Cupra, which allows you to see more. For instance, on the Golf, you cN only see the speed limits and upcoming junctions if you have it on the main screen... none of those are displayed on the dash, and if you have it on the dash, they aren’t displayed on the media system either so you totally lose that info until you are less than a mile from the junction, when you get about 1cm of the top of your dash showing lane choice, but if you don’t happen to look at the right time, you’ll miss the turning.
Sorry to say you can only have dual nav display with the high nav, unless they changed it for MY2019.

The hardware is capable of doing it though as my car had a bit of a fit when I was messing with it and managed to get it on both for a short while with no slowing down of updating.

However soon as I plugged in the destination it stopped again as it replaced the map on the digital dash with the directions. I’ve not managed to recreate the ‘fit’ though.

As for speeds, it would of been nice to have that on the digital dash, but like your Golf R it only has it on the central screen unless you get high nav and the sign recognition option :(

Edit - you can have the directions AND the map showing on the digital cockpit. You just need to change the view from classic to one of the options (you can save your own settings).

You can also make the directions appear on the central screen, but they’re not as clear as when on the digital cockpit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob66

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
On MY19 standard nav you get the speeds on infotainment and digital dash with traffic sign recognition enabled. Don’t remember specifying it, so must have come with the Advanced Comfort and Driving Pack or Safety Pack.

Range/Directions on digital dash via:

Vehicle>>View>>Instrument Cluster>>View 1

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
I can't believe I only found this forum now... I ordered a Cupra 300 Black back in June and I've been haunting my dealer with regards to all the changes, trying to find as much as I could online. Anyway, I got BW45 but it was finally built in 46, so it'll be a "Copra". I'm glad I figured out the copper changes before my build was planned as that gave me the option of changing the car color from mystery blue to magnetic tech. Looking at the pics in this thread I think I've made the right call.

I haven't seen any Copra Blacks here yet, did you UK guys even have that option? (I'm from NL). It looks like the additional changes for the Copra Black are a carbon spoiler and carbon mirror caps.

I hope they didn't mess with the exhaust note too much, as I test drove the 300 and fell in love with it because of the sounds it made.
Either way I can't wait to drive it...

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I haven't seen any Copra Blacks here yet, did you UK guys even have that option? (I'm from NL). It looks like the additional changes for the Copra Black are a carbon spoiler and carbon mirror caps.

I hope they didn't mess with the exhaust note too much, as I test drove the 300 and fell in love with it because of the sounds it made.
Either way I can't wait to drive it...

Morning mate,

You definitely are one of the lucky ones
With a turnaround like that plus a "black".
Looking forward to seeing the pics of yours.

We don't have the black in the UK.
We currently have 2 trims: standard and LUX. The latter includes options such as KESSY, ACC , leather/winter pack e.t.c. As these are no longer available to spec individually.

We don't have any styling packs on the 290.

It has been realized that the sound has changed.
It's been said that it's throatier at start up and idle.
It's also been said to retain the pops and overrun crackles. Unfortunately though the DSG upshift farts have been described as present but muted.

Haven't experienced myself, but hopefully will soon as I had a BW45.

Any of those with actual experience of the new Cupra feel free to correct me with regards to sound.

Reactions: Mystery290

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Unfortunately though the DSG upshift farts have been described as present but muted.

I've also read that the exhaust becomes louder after driving a few hundred miles, so I'm really hoping the "DSG fart" effect becomes more noticeable as well.

In the mean time, to all those who've already picked up their FrankenCupras and Copras, please keep the pics and vids coming to make the wait more bearable for those who haven't :thumbup:.

donoli74

Oct 13, 2018
1st cleaning session today,love this nevada white but its cloudy,think much nicer on sunny days.
b3efb5fdb9a288be09933aff72036236.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Managed to get a couple today. Pictures don’t do it justice. You may see the rather dirty Iridium Grey Tiguan in the background, it’s a lot darker than that but nicer. Such a nice colour in person.

Don't know how I missed these pictures - that colour looks great and goes well with the copper, very like the VW Isaac Blue

thanks for posting

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I've also read that the exhaust becomes louder after driving a few hundred miles, so I'm really hoping the "DSG fart" effect becomes more noticeable as well.

I'd say this is right, mine had done 2,400 miles when i collected it, but its certainly got louder since its been driven properly and on the right fuel. Now on 3,400 miles. In Cupra mode with the sound actuator turned down, the actuator is still too loud. Going to turn it off completely next time I get it plugged in.

Reactions: TheLuckys

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Magnetic is quickly becoming my absolute favourite colour; think I even prefer it to Desire red.
And I'm never going to complain about the price of cars in the UK again.

penyfai

Feb 4, 2018
BCA didn't arrive to inspect my current car today, which means I won't have an opportunity to get any of the things they identify fixed before it goes on Friday. At least it gives me some time to get the windscreen replaced after recent stone chips. But did sign paperwork honouring the March pricing for the Cupra today - so I'm happy that's sorted! Roll on collection day on Saturday!

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
$h1t the bed!!!

A random call to SEAT CS has just resulted in me finding out that my car was delivered to the dealership yesterday.

Week 45. It was on the Aquarius Ace and docked in Grimsby on the 22nd. Only taken a few days to reach the dealership. Granted it's only 1.5 hrs away.

Over 13 months of waiting...

Had to extend my original 24 month lease so much that I just had to put it through it's first M.O.T last Friday.

Let's just hope it's the right spec this time...