• CF52F7D9-0711-46AC-BC27-68E7817A94F1.jpeg
    CF52F7D9-0711-46AC-BC27-68E7817A94F1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 153
  • F676E6B0-E362-40D5-967D-97DD6760D7FB.jpeg
    F676E6B0-E362-40D5-967D-97DD6760D7FB.jpeg
    1,018.7 KB · Views: 164

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
My ST 4drive was delivered today and surprise, surprise, no copper in sight! It was ordered on 11 April and I'd never been told my build week but just assumed it was going to be copper. I surely must be one of the last silvers?

Anyway, after nearly 8 months I'm well chuffed. Now I just need it to stop raining so that I can clean and polish it! :rofl:

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Works well with the blades. Do you prefer the ends of the blades body coloured?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

They’re not offensive in body colour, but trying to get the tips repainted in black so that they are consistent with OEM (and therefore I don’t have any issues reselling in the future).

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I’ve just been looking at the setting on my Cupra ST and notices that the FIRST service interval is 20000 miles or 708 days..

shouldn’t the first inspection service be in a couple of thousand and major after about 12k??

I know I’m paying for a maintained contract but ffs!!
No, most cars don’t have that initial service anymore as the manufacturers feel they’re built to a higher tolerance. Or some engines have a a run then flush of oil as per of their build. Doubt VAG do that.

As for 20k, it seems your car is on the long life plan. Think mine is on the 10k one whatever that is called.

AlexOS

No, most cars don’t have that initial service anymore as the manufacturers feel they’re built to a higher tolerance. Or some engines have a a run then flush of oil as per of their build. Doubt VAG do that.

As for 20k, it seems your car is on the long life plan. Think mine is on the 10k one whatever that is called.
I have a feeling you’re right, as my FR, 3years ago was on a longer life plan, but even that was only 18k... I think for a performance engine like in the Cupra, the intervals should be on the lower level.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I have a feeling you’re right, as my FR, 3years ago was on a longer life plan, but even that was only 18k... I think for a performance engine like in the Cupra, the intervals should be on the lower level.
I was told it depends on the miles you do and how. My old FR was on 10k due to the number of cold starts it would be doing. If you do a lot of long journeys then 20k should be fine. But I agree. It’s a performance engine it needs servicing more often. Tuners say it should be every 5k after a remap.

Last edited:

AlexOS

Also I’ve just realised after trying the satnav.. the TMC doesn’t work for the traffic reports.. that’s a great start.

Also on the infotainment system.. the updates we had said that they were charging it to a copper Seat logo.... not on mine... I have a silver logo, SEAT written underneath in silver and a silver/red/black Cupra flag..

Why have they removed the flag from the boot but left it on
1 the infotainment system
2 the mode switch
3 the digital dash
4 the floor mats
5 the front grill (admittedly this one is now black)
(6 the gear stick base on the 5 door??) not sure about this as I have the ST and it has the 4drive badge there.

Also my Cupra is Mystery Blue, so the black Cupra lettering on the boot is pretty much invisible most of the time, I therefore decided to call Seat about purchasing the copper lettering from the R.. apparently these are not available to purchase in any market due to brand restrictions.. (possibly the same for the copper Seat logos.....) I said this was ridiculous as if a driver has an accident they may well need to replace these parts and was told that they would have to be replaced in silver or black as the is not and will not be available to purchase.

I think I may be stuck with leave it as it is with copper seat badge, black letters and silver 4drive badge... or remove the lettering and 4drive badge...

Reactions: Mystery290

AlexOS

I was told it depends on the miles you do and how. My old FR was on 10k due to the number of cold starts it would be doing. If you do a lot of long journeys then 20k should be fine. But I agree. It’s a performance engine it needs servicing more often. Tuners say it should be every 5k after a remap.
Mines on a 12500 mile per year lease... so service every 20k or 708 days is ridiculous. Should be miles or yearly at minimum.

Last edited:

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
[QUOTE="AlexOS, post: 4816164, member: 115921]

2 the mode switch
3 the digital dash
4 the floor mats
(6 the gear stick base on the 5 door??) not sure about this as I have the ST and it has the 4drive badge there.
[/QUOTE]

Wasn’t too sure if I should mention this or not... I hope that this doesn’t tip you over the edge Alex...

7. Flag on the engine cover...:roflmao:

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Also I’ve just realised after trying the satnav.. the TMC doesn’t work for the traffic reports.. that’s a great start.

Also on the infotainment system.. the updates we had said that they were charging it to a copper Seat logo.... not on mine... I have a silver logo, SEAT written underneath in silver and a silver/red/black Cupra flag..

2 the mode switch
3 the digital dash
4 the floor mats

Also my Cupra is Mystery Blue, so the black Cupra lettering on the boot is pretty much invisible most of the time, I therefore decided to call Seat about purchasing the copper lettering from the R.. apparently these are not available to purchase in any market due to brand restrictions.. (possibly the same for the copper Seat logos.....) I said this was ridiculous as if a driver has an accident they may well need to replace these parts and was told that they would have to be replaced in silver or black as the is not and will not be available to purchase.

I think I may be stuck with leave it as it is with copper seat badge, black letters and silver 4drive badge... or remove the lettering and 4drive badge...
I’ve made the offer to swap my Chrome S badges and front red flag for the Copper ones and black flag.

I even still have the chrome Cupra badge, but it’ll need new sticky for that so I’d recommend getting a new one anyway.

Reactions: AlexOS

AlexOS

[QUOTE="AlexOS, post: 4816164, member: 115921]

2 the mode switch
3 the digital dash
4 the floor mats

Wasn’t too sure if I should mention this or not... I hope that this doesn’t tip you over the edge Alex...

7. Flag on the engine cover...:roflmao:[/QUOTE]
Believe it or not, I haven’t even had a chance to look there.. lol

AlexOS

I’ve made the offer to swap my Chrome S badges and front red flag for the Copper ones and black flag.

I even still have the chrome Cupra badge, but it’ll need new sticky for that so I’d recommend getting a new one anyway.
I had seen that post Damo, but it also has the copper S inside and changing the airbag cover it starts to get silly.

Tbh right now, I am coming round to the copper in that it it is quite exclusive, but I want to change the lettering to copper (as on the mystery blue you cannot see the black) and get a black flag for the rear. (Although, like the copper letting, Seat say you cannot buy this)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members