what did you and your mk3 leon do today

weirdkerr

Nov 24, 2013
Morayshire
Deal done, Leon is going, trading in for a may 2018 Honda Civic 1.5 Vtec Turbo Sport CVT

3 firsts for me First Auto/CVT first Jap car and first time ive had a White car

Stephenator280

Nov 5, 2017
Filled it full of crap and did a tip run. Noticed that on the way back (owing to the fact that the seats were still down), after the res delete, the exhaust now pops and crackles on the overrun. Which is nice.

cd15a838378430b866439cf5498a9bf4.jpg

a1f0489be88e8301d975cc76c2ea6422.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Reviewed my dash cam footage today. Drove back from Gatwick last night, Stayed in a hotel before we left and my car was taken off site and parked up... the person bringing my car back to the terminal hit 113mph in a 50mph zone!

Someone is about to get in a bit of trouble! Won’t be using them again!

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Reviewed my dash cam footage today. Drove back from Gatwick last night, Stayed in a hotel before we left and my car was taken off site and parked up... the person bringing my car back to the terminal hit 113mph in a 50mph zone!

My tracker showed a similar thing - doing 84mph in a 40 zone - and I know speed cameras are on that road!

Reactions: Mystery290

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks

Keep us updated!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Evening,

I was leaving football tonight, which we lost so was in a mood anyway, and the car pinged up with "Component Unit in protection mode" or something along those lines. My virtual dash was not displaying all info either, particuarly around fuel guage and engine temps. Has this happened to anyone before or know what it is or causing it? Cars only got 3k on the clock so i'd be disappointed if there is issues already.

I also lost my phone too and the wife has had a whinge tonight as well... so yeh top Saturday.
I had this warning on my Leon and I put it down to a low battery due to alot of short journeys. It came on a few times until I gave the car a good blast and never returned.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
At least your tracked is discreet, my dash cam is plain to see and still the idiot drove like that . Obviously not the sharpish tool in the box.

I do have a dash cam on show too, but it only seems to upload files it picks and chooses, and that particular journey didn't make the cut!

Davesimmons269

Feb 18, 2018
I had this warning on my Leon and I put it down to a low battery due to alot of short journeys. It came on a few times until I gave the car a good blast and never returned.

It could be. Though my commute is a good 30 minutes on a mix of town roads and daul carriageways. Only other time its driven is to football on Saturdays. Perhaps the climate control is a big draw on power given it was quite cold last week. I took it to the dealer to play safe. They did a bit of investigation and couldnt source the issues. Kind of expected that, but they gave it a health check and cleaned it so guess there was some perks..Plus the dealer is literally 2 minutes from work so i didnt get soaked going to my usual parking space... win win.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018

Keep us updated!

Update on this...

Maple Parking and Holiday Extras have been nothing but apologetic so far, as expected really and have refunded me my money. They have asked me to send the footage to them so they can confirm it is the driver they think it is and they will go from there with their internal procedures. They will also forward the details on to Sussex Police.

Do I feel bad that this guy is going to lose his job and possibly his licence? Some part of me does but then he has taken huge liberties with my car doing something unbelievably dangerous considering the time of day and weather conditions and recorded himself doing it!

If this were you or me caught doing this then we'd have to accept our medicine, actions have consequences I suppose.

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Do I feel bad that this guy is going to lose his job and possibly his licence? Some part of me does but then he has taken huge liberties with my car doing something unbelievably dangerous considering the time of day and weather conditions and recorded himself doing it!

If he'd been doing 55-56 in a 50. I'd have said it'd be a bit harsh to get him sacked over it. But that's over double the speed limit! He shouldn't be allowed a licence. I've never hit 3 figure speeds in my Cupra (even on the motorway).

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Decided it is time to say goodbye to Seat... after 5 years of owning 2 Leons I decided that im not going to get another 1 as I have taken a fancy to something from the Far East(though it is built in England)......
Hopefully going to do the deal this weekend on a.......

......2018 Honda Civic 1.5 Vtec Turbo Sport.....

Me too, saying goodbye to Seat (for now, I may be back after they sort their engine shortages and long and inconsistent wait times), after a MK3 Leon (2.0TDI) to a Mk6 Ibiza SC (1.0 TSI), now I will go for a middle engine size 1.5, to something Scandinavian (but built in Belgium! apparently) and I collect it tomorrow.....

.... 2018 Volvo V40 Momentum+ 1.5 T.....ahh not sure neither ur Civic nor my V40 would be able to match the mpg figures of the VAG 1.5 EVO, but lets see!

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Update on this...

Maple Parking and Holiday Extras have been nothing but apologetic so far, as expected really and have refunded me my money. They have asked me to send the footage to them so they can confirm it is the driver they think it is and they will go from there with their internal procedures. They will also forward the details on to Sussex Police.

If this were you or me caught doing this then we'd have to accept our medicine, actions have consequences I suppose.

Let's face it, if he'd been actually caught at the time by the Police doing twice the limit, he'd be looking at losing his licence, so what's the difference? He could have written your car off and killed himself or some other innocent, so actually I reckon he's lucky if he just loses his licence and his job. He patently can't be trusted with other people's property.

Reactions: beddin90 and Damo H

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Let's face it, if he'd been actually caught at the time by the Police doing twice the limit, he'd be looking at losing his licence, so what's the difference? He could have written your car off and killed himself or some other innocent, so actually I reckon he's lucky if he just loses his licence and his job. He patently can't be trusted with other people's property.

Plus, I wonder how many times he's done it and not got caught!

Reactions: Damo H

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
It is your car, he should be treating it with respect. More and more dashcams are in peoples cars, his own fault, not yours. Glad they are being good about it and pleased nothing happened to your car whilst in the speeders possession.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
If he'd been doing 55-56 in a 50. I'd have said it'd be a bit harsh to get him sacked over it. But that's over double the speed limit! He shouldn't be allowed a licence. I've never hit 3 figure speeds in my Cupra (even on the motorway).

If he had been doing 70mph I wouldn't have done anything about it. I'd be slightly annoyed by it but at 63mph over the speed limit its too much not to report.

Plus, I wonder how many times he's done it and not got caught!

Exactly, imagine what he would be doing in an RS Audi etc

Agreed, we'd all be up in front of the magistrates if it were us

It is your car, he should be treating it with respect. More and more dashcams are in peoples cars, his own fault, not yours. Glad they are being good about it and pleased nothing happened to your car whilst in the speeders possession.

I've just spoken to the manager dealing with the complaint and he is just as myth'd as me as to the level of stupidity. They have been very good in dealing with it, can't fault them. The driver has been suspended until they receive my video footage when they will proceed with their disciplinary.

Reactions: zeffania

thecalstanley

Sep 21, 2017
Manchester, UK
Got the dreaded “Error: headlight range control” warning this morning. Switched the car off, waited 2 mins and switched it back on and it’s working fine again! Phew!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.