what did you and your mk3 leon do today

weirdkerr

Nov 24, 2013
Morayshire
Traded it in.... (well yesterday)

After 5 years of Leon ownership (2013-2015 Silver 5dr TSi SE and 2015-2018 Alor Blue FR 3dr) I'm now Driving round in an 2018 Honda Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport in White Orchid Pearl so far its been fantastic....

FR3

Jul 13, 2018
Finally got some new wheels. Got them for practically nothing which is great, they just need a light refurb and proper tyres and I'm all set. Bola csr's 19x8.5. I have felt zero difference in ride quality so far. Definitely need to lower, gojg for eibach springs hopefully at new years.
e50f3a3a6398577852792e21026f2677.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

FR3

Jul 13, 2018
Well yesterday I started in the rain...

View attachment 3123

...and thanks to some help and moral support from @paddy6789 finished in the dark.

So some photos from this morning. Just needs a proper clean.

View attachment 3124 View attachment 3125 View attachment 3126 View attachment 3127 View attachment 3128

Just some finishing touches to go next Sunday before she’s how I want her :)
That whole front bumper setup is just beautiful. The lines

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Drove to work, clutch clicking when cold as you lift off and sounds like a leaf or two in the fans

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Nothing, other than drove dirty car to work and then home again, I never wash the car unless the forecast is dry for at least 4 days as it will be bogging again anyway. This time of year a coat of dirt protects it from the salt, and when it finally gats a clean it is totally rust free and looks like new, Also pisses off the Ford, BMW, Volvo etc drivers that wash every day when my filthy but very fast Cupra leaves them for dead, how I love this car.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Updated MIB2STD Sat Nav to V1120 and also updated Speed Camera Database.

Reset Full Link to Factory Settings and cleated my iPhone from the car. Then reset up Apple Car Play with Spotify. Didn’t pair phone to car with Bluetooth to see if that’s what’s causing the issues.

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Updated MIB2STD Sat Nav to V1120 and also updated Speed Camera Database.

Reset Full Link to Factory Settings and cleated my iPhone from the car. Then reset up Apple Car Play with Spotify. Didn’t pair phone to car with Bluetooth to see if that’s what’s causing the issues.
Neee to do the Sat Nav and cameras again myself :)

Burn4

Sep 30, 2018
I bought the parts from https://www.oemvwshop.com/ and they were painted gloss black afterwards in a car body shop.
Front bumper needs to be removed to replace the grilles.

Here are the part numbers if anyone with an FR is interested:

Left Fog light surround
5F0853665J 9B9

Right Fog light surround
5F0853666J 9B9

Upper front grill
5F0853654K 9B9

Cupra upper front grill frame
5F0854643G GRU

Lower front grill without ACC radar opening
5F0853667L 9B9

Lower front grill with ACC radar opening
5F0853667M 9B9

Are those part numbers good for the facelift? Guessing so as yours is the facelift as well but I just wanted to 100% check you have rjat part number on your upper grill and it all fits ok?

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
There’s different files to download. Go for version 5. That seems to be the best option.
Are you getting dual speed limits i.e 60 and 50 mph displayed? (i.e trailer/euro wet weather limits)
These default to these on Bundle 1, 2 and 5 for me

Last edited:

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
First proper snow in Finland today - spent the evening just going everywhere sideways :)
...and teasing BMW drivers :)
What happens in England when it snows is that the guy with the £100k Range Rover with it's fancy terrain response system is sat stuck in the same traffic jam as you due to a bus having slid down the a hill and blocked the road :yes:

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
I have made some video yesterday, but I need to glue it together and post it to YouTube ;)
It's good that some people can have fun when it snows, causes mayhem where I live on the South East Kent costs in England. We have somewhere in the region of ten thousand trucks a day pass through Dover Port and the Channel Tunnel and if the motorways are impassable due to bad weather its a nightmare. Google 'Operation Stack' and you'll get the picture, this is inbetween French fisherman blockading Calais Port at random points in the year stopping any ferries from docking. :doh:

Reactions: Jaco2k

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
It's good that some people can have fun when it snows, causes mayhem where I live on the South East Kent costs in England. We have somewhere in the region of ten thousand trucks a day pass through Dover Port and the Channel Tunnel and if the motorways are impassable due to bad weather its a nightmare. Google 'Operation Stack' and you'll get the picture, this is inbetween French fisherman blockading Calais Port at random points in the year stopping any ferries from docking. :doh:

Well, I guess for obvious reasons, we are more well prepared for snow here up North ;)
...among other things, by law all cars must have winter tires during the winter months (which in practice is 5-6 months here in Finland) and these winter tires are not the same type you get out of the Nordics - they are meant for these harsher conditions and have different compounds and thread patterns, with studded tires often being the norm.
Also, everyone here is pretty used to drive in these conditions, since they are the norm for quite an extended period of the year - you might get a day or two of snow there and we get 4 months ;)
So... Yeah. Snow driving is fun.
Actually, come February i will be attending an ice track weekend on a frozen lake and enjoying even more sideways time :)
...but more footage of that will also still come after the event.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Well, I guess for obvious reasons, we are more well prepared for snow here up North ;)
...among other things, by law all cars must have winter tires during the winter months (which in practice is 5-6 months here in Finland) and these winter tires are not the same type you get out of the Nordics - they are meant for these harsher conditions and have different compounds and thread patterns, with studded tires often being the norm.
Also, everyone here is pretty used to drive in these conditions, since they are the norm for quite an extended period of the year - you might get a day or two of snow there and we get 4 months ;)
So... Yeah. Snow driving is fun.
Actually, come February i will be attending an ice track weekend on a frozen lake and enjoying even more sideways time :)
...but more footage of that will also still come after the event.
I need to move to Finland...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.