Petrol range

Joanne Ankers

Nov 23, 2018
Could someone tell me what the milage range is on this car when full of petrol. Seat Leon FR dsg two litre TSI thanks. 2018

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I believe it's a 50 litre (about 11 gallons) tank and SEAT quote about 45mpg combined, so theoretically 495 miles.
What you actually get depends on whether you drive like a granny ( with no disrepect meant to grannies generally;)) or drive it like you stole it.

Joanne Ankers

Nov 23, 2018
I believe it's a 50 litre (about 11 gallons) tank and SEAT quote about 45mpg combined, so theoretically 495 miles.
What you actually get depends on whether you drive like a granny ( with no disrepect meant to grannies generally;)) or drive it like you stole it.

AlexOS

The grannies around here probably get ridiculously low mileage...

Accelerate, brake, accelerate, brake.. gear.?? 2nd.. all day long... red-lining it all the way..

Reactions: Seriously?

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Well it depends, for comparison I have 1.4 ecotsi 150 manual , summer can get 450-500 but like now it’s more like 390-430 , I’m 25, so not a granny!! mainly in normal mode but sometimes I’ll drive eco sometimes I like to drive with a bit more of a right foot (modes - mainly eco and normal)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
Well it depends, for comparison I have 1.4 ecotsi 150 manual , summer can get 450-500 but like now it’s more like 390-430 , I’m 25, so not a granny!! mainly in normal mode but sometimes I’ll drive eco sometimes I like to drive with a bit more of a right foot (modes - mainly eco and normal)

I have a 1.4 tsi 140 manual and get very similar figures. However, mine lives in Sport mode.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I have a 1.4 tsi 140 manual and get very similar figures. However, mine lives in Sport mode.
But does it? Do you reset it to sport mode each time you get in? I thought I was in sport constantly but turns out unless you reselect it, is just normal engine mode with the sports steering.

For comparison I have the 1.4eco tsi fr 150 and typically get around 500 to a tank. Tends to drop in the cooler months with the cold starts more heating on etc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
I have a 2.0 dsg and the best I've managed (driving like a granny) was 350 if I remember. Worst so far was 250, and that was driving it with a little bit of spirit! I've been told it'll improve by 10k.

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
I have a 2.0 dsg and the best I've managed (driving like a granny) was 350 if I remember. Worst so far was 250, and that was driving it with a little bit of spirit! I've been told it'll improve by 10k.
I've managed 340 max in my 280. but that's sat at 60 on work runs.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
But does it? Do you reset it to sport mode each time you get in? I thought I was in sport constantly but turns out unless you reselect it, is just normal engine mode with the sports steering.

For comparison I have the 1.4eco tsi fr 150 and typically get around 500 to a tank. Tends to drop in the cooler months with the cold starts more heating on etc.

The red ambient lighting is on! I'll check tomorrow when I go out. Eco mode is pointless because I just press the accelerator harder.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
The red ambient lighting is on! I'll check tomorrow when I go out. Eco mode is pointless because I just press the accelerator harder.
Yeah the infotainment system also says I'm in sport and the steering is still in sport but the engine reverts back to 'normal' whenever the engine is switched off. If you have dsg I believe they also switch to drive rather than sport also?? Simply re-selecting sport of the mode menu switches everything back to sport.

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
Hi Joanna I have a Cupra 280 running stage 1+ and before it was mapped up I would get around the 250/280 miles running Tesco 99 and now still driving it like I do I am getting around 260/290 but it’s a lot faster and a bit better on fuel

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
But 0-60 in how many weeks? :bleh:

Not sure who it is that needs pity.

9.0 seconds stock same as the equivalent petrol engine. Well actually 0.1 seconds faster than the 2.0FSI non DSG. Granted it’s no cupra but it’s not too tardy.

It’ll be pretty swift once it’s making 220bhp and it’ll still have similar economy... that said I do generally prefer a petrol engine.

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Sorry but anything slower than 7 seconds is unacceptable. 9 seconds is glacial.

I also note that your diesel has a turbo whereas the petrol you're comparing it with doesn't.

Reactions: Brimfull

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Sorry but anything slower than 7 seconds is unacceptable. 9 seconds is glacial.

I also note that your diesel has a turbo whereas the petrol you're comparing it with doesn't.

Haha! I would say anything slower than 9.0 secs....

They didnt make an equivalent TFSI engine at the time (other than the CUPRA). Still, it was not one of pity, albeit badly worded, it was more one of surprise, it seemed very low!

Anyway, I'll leave you to your chat about MPG now! :)

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
Seemed to be getting around 34 mpg on motorway biased driving so far. Can't get anywhere near VAG figures no matter how I drive, but then anything they quote should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Am about to fit Revo stage 1, so will see what a difference that makes.

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
id be lucky if my 1.4 petrol got 275 miles to the tank ha. seeing some of these figures on mapped cars is hilarious

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
id be lucky if my 1.4 petrol got 275 miles to the tank ha. seeing some of these figures on mapped cars is hilarious
Mine is better on fuel now it’s stage1ish lol getting around 30mpg town and motorway about 34-37 tops

Attachments

• 094C53FB-BFE8-4437-8B01-F1C3B43CBB55.jpeg
    094C53FB-BFE8-4437-8B01-F1C3B43CBB55.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
Reactions: kanyewest

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Is that the newer eco tsi 150? I am nearly always around the 500 miles mark in mine. If it's not the eco version there's obviously a lot to be said for the cylinder shutdown and the start stop.

I've said it on here before but I don't know why all engines don't come with the ACT, even cupras. I know you don't buy a cupra for economy but surely nobody wants to be using more fuel and money than necessary. If you're stuck in a queue of traffic on the commute it's not like you're even missing out on anything by having the cylinders shut down anyway.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.