Auto lights are on during bright daylight

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Hi,

Has anyone experienced their autolights being on more often than not, during bright daylight hours?

Where is the sensor for the autolights, just in case it needs cleaning?

Thanks,

Steve

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Hi,

Has anyone experienced their autolights being on more often than not, during bright daylight hours?

Where is the sensor for the autolights, just in case it needs cleaning?

Thanks,

Steve

Are you sure its not the DRL's? I believe the sensor is behind the interior mirror unit at the top of the windscreen.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Are you sure its not the DRL's? I believe the sensor is behind the interior mirror unit at the top of the windscreen.

Definitely not the DRL's!!

Wondering if it that the sun is a lot lower than normal, and the sensor is not picking it up fully.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
I'm not sure if I'm imagining it but it feels like the auto lights are aware of the time of year. I can driving at 8am at the moment and regardless of it's sunny the headlights will be on. During the summer in the same conditions they'd be off...

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
There is a setting to change the sensitivity of the auto lights, changed mine to medium because it felt like the car was leaving them on way too long before

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
mine come on if you get bright, low sun early in the morning

This is what I'm finding too.

Surrealjam - This is exactly what I'm experiencing, strange as I don't remember it happening this time last year.

Shaady - I'll see if I can set the sensitivity down a bit.

Maybe it's supposed to do it, because it is difficult to see a car coming towards you if the sun is low directly in front of you. Makes sense.

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
I have the sensitivity time set to 'early' and find they do come on when it's still sunny/early in the morning, but nothing wrong with it. Better to have your lights on and be seen than not!

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
I test drove a Cupra 300 a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing. Early afternoon nice bright day and with the setting on Auto the lights were on. When I turned the setting to Off there was a message on the Digital Dash something like 'please turn on lights'..

I didn't have a play with it on the test drive but either the sensor was playing up or it was set to come on way to early.

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
I've had this occasionally and also on our Yeti. I've cured it by switching the light position away from auto and then back again.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I have mine set to 'late' and don't find they come on too early, early enough though.

The auto lights are set to come on with wipers during rain so they may have a tendency to flick on and off a little more than usual in light rain or mist where the wipers aren't on constantly but may need a few wipes here and there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DAV3G46

May 7, 2015
In my 18 FR they seem to be on alot it's also got the digital cockpit thing and if you don't have the lights set to auto it comes up on the dash to switch the lights on and doesn't seem to clear or let you change to another menu until you do... shall have to have a look and see what the sensitivity is set to

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise