Mirror Dip / Assist Systems

Andy499

Nov 9, 2018
Hi!

I was wondering if the Leon FR Technology has lane assist? I see front assist on the driver display but not sure what it does, it’s just a grey box.

If it has Lane assist, how do I enable it?

Also how do I enable my mirrors to dip when I’m parking?

Thank you in advance!

Dearnie

Aug 16, 2011
Humberside
You will need to use the OBDeleven tool or VCDS to activate the mirror dip. Personally I used the OBDeleven to activate mirror dip on mine, couple of minutes and it was activated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Mirror dip should not need activating with VCDS or OBDeleven, it should be selectable in the car menu setup and then you have to have the mirror switch set to L/H adjustment (assuming RHD) for it to work when you select reverse, it only works on passenger mirror.

Andy499

Nov 9, 2018
I’m sorry I’m not familiar with abrieviated terminology.

What is VCDS?

Why does it only work on passenger mirror?

Any info on lane assist?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow

What is VCDS?

Any info on lane assist?
VCDS (formerly known as VagCom) is a diagnostic and coding tool made by Ross Tech USA for VAG cars. The latest versions of which are the V2 and Hex-Net interfaces. Earlier versions are not suitable for cars after 2016.
It only works on the passenger side because that's how it's made by Seat, VW etc.
I think lane assist requires a camera in the front screen.

Dearnie

Aug 16, 2011
Humberside

What is VCDS?

Any info on lane assist?

VCDS is software from Ross-Tech bloody expensive and if you don’t know how to code, stick with OBDelevn much more user friendly.

With regards to the mirror dip it does work on both LH and RH side, however you can only select one or the other.

Can’t help with lane assist as I don’t have it.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
With regards to the mirror dip it does work on both LH and RH side, however you can only select one or the other.

I've never seen or heard of it working on the drivers mirror, unless it's something that can be enabled with coding.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Only works on passenger side because it’s for assisting in parking next to a kerb. Should be selectable in the car settings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rickster665

Rickster665
Mar 8, 2017
Rotherham
Mirror dip should not need activating with VCDS or OBDeleven, it should be selectable in the car menu setup and then you have to have the mirror switch set to L/H adjustment (assuming RHD) for it to work when you select reverse, it only works on passenger mirror.
Mine will work then it wont any idea to why its been like this

rickster665

Rickster665
Mar 8, 2017
Rotherham
VCDS (formerly known as VagCom) is a diagnostic and coding tool made by Ross Tech USA for VAG cars. The latest versions of which are the V2 and Hex-Net interfaces. Earlier versions are not suitable for cars after 2016.
It only works on the passenger side because that's how it's made by Seat, VW etc.
I think lane assist requires a camera in the front screen.
Lane assist is camera based far as i know but what about active criuse controll the radar is already there for front assist but to be honest its ****

rickster665

Rickster665
Mar 8, 2017
Rotherham
Does anyone know if the front assist radar is the same as the cruies controll one needed for acc ?

I would love to have acc

Is there any bits i may need extra if its possible to use the radar from front assist?

James_FRwagon

Oct 18, 2018
When I picked my fr estate up the mirror dip worked, now it doesnt seem to but I havent touched the settings. I just checked to see if it was still switched on and it was! Not sure why it stopped it was dead handy gaha

rickster665

Rickster665
Mar 8, 2017
Rotherham
When I picked my fr estate up the mirror dip worked, now it doesnt seem to but I havent touched the settings. I just checked to see if it was still switched on and it was! Not sure why it stopped it was dead handy gaha
Bang same soon as i picked it up it worked then it stoped a while after

rickster665

Rickster665
Mar 8, 2017
Rotherham
Im thinking maybe un ode and recode might fix it but im not technical

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Have you moved the mirror switch away from the passenger adjustment position? Mirror dip only works while it is set to L/H (RHD cars) adjust position.

Reactions: Yamyam and Butty

James_FRwagon

Oct 18, 2018
Have you moved the mirror switch away from the passenger adjustment position? Mirror dip only works while it is set to L/H (RHD cars) adjust position.

I actually did yes I keep it in the center position! Will try that tomorrow!

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I actually did yes I keep it in the center position! Will try that tomorrow!
That might be the issue then, mirror adjuster needs to be kept on the passenger side mirror for the dip function to work.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.