OEM or ebay spoiler/side skits?

yevit

Dec 3, 2018
10% off ebay today has got me looking at spoilers and side skirts sooner than I thought I would. What has been peoples experience with the ebay special ones recently? Obviously they're a lot cheaper than the oem ones so just wondering if I should make the most of ebay today or save up for some others.

Specifically think I'm looking at these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-LEO...050821&hash=item1c61106d32:g:DXQAAOSwTfFbMrin

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-LEO...041989367?epid=1192299643&hash=item1c6a44f8f7

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

FR3

Jul 13, 2018
10% off ebay today has got me looking at spoilers and side skirts sooner than I thought I would. What has been peoples experience with the ebay special ones recently? Obviously they're a lot cheaper than the oem ones so just wondering if I should make the most of ebay today or save up for some others.

Specifically think I'm looking at these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-LEO...050821&hash=item1c61106d32:g:DXQAAOSwTfFbMrin

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-LEO...041989367?epid=1192299643&hash=item1c6a44f8f7

Ive looked at these before, they come from Poland I think and the reviews last time I looked they weren't good but hey who knows. Alot of the comments said the fitment of parts was off and needed fixing to make them fit.

Someone please say Im wrong so I can get cheap parts lol.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
Hope they’re good as I’m after some for my car too. A lot cheaper than the other products out there. Specially the official seat ones which are priced disgustingly.

yevit

Dec 3, 2018
Ive looked at these before, they come from Poland I think and the reviews last time I looked they weren't good but hey who knows. Alot of the comments said the fitment of parts was off and needed fixing to make them fit.

Someone please say Im wrong so I can get cheap parts lol.

Yeah the bit in the description "by purchasing these parts you accept that they may require adaption/modification/trimming to fit" sounds like them to get out of it not being close to a good fit. There's a few mixed reviews but most are quite generic about shipping, etc, not really about if anything fits

FR3

Jul 13, 2018
Yeah the bit in the description "by purchasing these parts you accept that they may require adaption/modification/trimming to fit" sounds like them to get out of it not being close to a good fit. There's a few mixed reviews but most are quite generic about shipping, etc, not really about if anything fits

Could be a different seller Maybe but the parts seem to come from the same place. Alot of people were saying they bought the piece, it didn't fit or was cracked or warped and needed modifying to make it fit. Which cost more than just getting the oem lol. I want to be wrong of course but this is what I found when I last looked about 2 months ago.

The Swed

Aug 24, 2017
Sweden
I get one from poland and i fit´s very well on my car

Attachments

• seat leon vinge 2.jpg
    seat leon vinge 2.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 151

Kjimi

Jan 12, 2016
Kerava, Finland
From what I have read from different forums is that the spoiler fits quite nicely but the side skirts are warped and there is no fitting kit.

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
From what I have read from different forums is that the spoiler fits quite nicely but the side skirts are warped and there is no fitting kit.
Stuff that then. Would rather just go for the maxton side skirts and front splitter. Heard the front splitter from maxton is a pig to fit though. Does anyone know a front splitter which is easier to fit??

FR3

Jul 13, 2018
Stuff that then. Would rather just go for the maxton side skirts and front splitter. Heard the front splitter from maxton is a pig to fit though. Does anyone know a front splitter which is easier to fit??
I've got a splitter. Trc I think. Fitted in about 10minutes.
b5f55ec0462a676bc09125c753fae666.jpg

Reactions: Naylor92

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

My Reiger one was a piece of cake to fit. In total there are 22 self tapping screws to fit with holes pre drilled in the splitter.

Four of the holes line up with four self rappers already on the car. Remove those, offerup the splitter, reinstate the four you took out and drill 3mm holes for the last 18. Screw them in tight and off you go.
82d38697a38d6cf6f446de867efd2868.jpg

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I don't think the Maxton comes with pre-drilled holes.

@theoldboy has one.

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
Yeah
I've got a splitter. Trc I think. Fitted in about 10minutes.
b5f55ec0462a676bc09125c753fae666.jpg

Yeah I did have a look at this before!! Going to have to be something that is easy to fit for me!! How did you fit it?

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
My Reiger one was a piece of cake to fit. In total there are 22 self tapping screws to fit with holes pre drilled in the splitter.

Four of the holes line up with four self rappers already on the car. Remove those, offerup the splitter, reinstate the four you took out and drill 3mm holes for the last 18. Screw them in tight and off you go.
82d38697a38d6cf6f446de867efd2868.jpg
Nice mate. How much is that one?

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
Anyone have any other side skirts other than the maxton ones? I don’t want to order them just in case they’re a pig like the front splitter.

FR3

Jul 13, 2018
Yeah

Yeah I did have a look at this before!! Going to have to be something that is easy to fit for me!! How did you fit it?
Jacked the car up, adhesive tape to position, drill a couple holes then a couple of self tapping screws to get it onto the bumper. Installation was super straight forward. Took minutes honestly.

Reactions: Naylor92

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
Jacked the car up, adhesive tape to position, drill a couple holes then a couple of self tapping screws to get it onto the bumper. Installation was super straight forward. Took minutes honestly.

Nice one chap. So does it already have pre-drilled holes on the splitter itself ?

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
It was £198 off eBay. I bought it after seeing the one @Deano j1971 has on his ST.

Nay be a little costly but it’s quality and available in Matt or Gloss Black.
Might be a little too expensive for my liking but I understand where you’re coming from. Reckon it’s goinf to have to be the TRC one.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.