Cupra 280 low boost

JONNYVT

Sep 9, 2002
LEICESTER
Visit site
My 2015 280 has a problem. Bought new in 2015 and now has 55k up. Full service history at seat. Always warmed up properly. I have noticed the performance dropping off. It now is very sluggish from 3k and then does build some boost up to red line. Feels like a 2 litre 16 valver with no turbo at all. Took it to a mate with the latest version of vagcom, he found a few old fault codes but nothing to do with boost, no engine light incidentally. Seemed to go better after the codes we're cleared and no new xodes registered after a test drive around. Now following a run out today it seems to have gone back to being rather sluggish and slow. Any suggestions?

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
Check for any new codes since they were last cleared. If there are any new ones then let us know.

Apr 12, 2010
Could be the variable valve lift not operating, I had a similar issue to yours where randomly the car would feel incredibly flat, it threw up no fault EML but apparently SEAT scanned it and it threw up throttle body related issues and lots of other things. Whilst it was in they checked the full engine loom over as they'd not seen that many fault codes before! A new set of solenoids for the valve lift system solved the issue, done under warranty at 15k miles.

Reactions: Butty

JONNYVT

Sep 9, 2002
LEICESTER
Visit site
Many thanks both, will have scanned later in week and get back with any new codes. With regard the Vvt issue, what did the stealers do aboya it? Thanks

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
Might be a poke in the dark. But the old s3 8l, would have boost issues with air leaks. Is she standard, anything that could have got loose? I'm new to seat and have a 280. But a smoke test might help eliminate.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members