Led headlights facelift

Wilson9

Oct 12, 2010
Looking to start reparing my car after hitting a deer a few months ago.
Trying to source all the parts to get it done in the one go.
I need to source a headlight as the retaining bracket has been broken and the bumper is the only thing holding the headlight in place properly.
Can the new led facelift headlights replace the pre-facelift led ones.

Hindsight being a wonderful thing had I known how expensive the headlights were I'd have just claimed my insurance at the time.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
You could try to repair your headlight brackets with PLASTEX.
Many bikers use it to repair panels so it should easily work on a headlight bracket or two

Deleted member 103408

My understanding is the new LED will not easily replace the pre facelift lights.

My understanding is the coding would need changing and the wiring would also need sorting as a minimum check out https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/led-upgrade.447589/#post-4812321 for full details.

This is one of the reason's why insurance premiums have gone up so much, LED lights are not cheap I am afraid.
I have seen some repair kits around on Ebay but not sure what they are trying to repair.

Wilson9

Oct 12, 2010
Thanks for the replies. Was hoping it would be an easy swap as it would give me another option if one came up cheaper.

Repairing isn't much of an option as some of the bracket broke off when I hit the deer. Might just repair what it can cosmetically and eventually hope it's not noticed come trade in time.

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
If you end up binning the broken lamp let me know before you do. I'm quite interested to tear one down and see what LED chips have been used and if there is a more modern replacement that may actually allow me to see at night

Reactions: nick.buchan2

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
If it’s only the bracket for the lights that has broken and not the lens, then a headlight repair kit for most VAG cars is available - speak to the parts department / TPS.

The repair bracket self taps into the headlight unit.

5F0998225 is the part number for passenger side (UK).

Do an eBay search for the above part number for an idea of what’s in the kit - c.£20.

Funny that the body shops rarely let you know about these parts.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise