Which Continental 5P tyre?

Bensb93

Jun 2, 2018
Hi All,
Unfortunately I have a lovely crack in one of my tyres on my Cupra 300, which needs replacing...

I am looking at tyres currently and I have noticed there are loads of different variants for the 5P tyre..

Looking at this link here.... https://www.ractyres.co.uk/235-35-19?brand=continental
There are 6 varieties of the Continental Sport 5P tyre for a 235/35/R19 Y.

I have had a look on my tyre and cannot distinguish between them which one is what!!!

Can anybody help me here please?

Many Thanks in advance.
Ben

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
I'd be choosing the cheapest one. Curiously they all have varying fuel efficiency ratings.
The car manufacturers tyre code seems to make the price vary but is effectively meaningless for the majority of tyre models.
Just go for the correct size and loading as your existing ones.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I have one off my car for sale, done less than 3000 miles and in the for sale thread. £55 collected

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
To answer the question on why there are so many different 5P tyres. Some of them will have things like Porsche and Audi OEM so are to a higher standard in theory.

silles

May 4, 2017
Neither of them, get some decent rubber for your decent car :)
I cannot wait to replace my Conties with PS4S's

Reactions: hellooo

Bensb93

Jun 2, 2018
Hi All,

Thanks for your comments. I ended up with the cheapest one. Thanks for the offer of your used tyre but I needed to get it done today.
Agreed in an ideal world I would definitely go with some PS4S's or PSS's, but with the other 3 Conti tyres having plenty of tread and with it being a lease vehicle, my hands were tied a little bit.
Ben

hellooo

Nov 2, 2014
Hi All,

Thanks for your comments. I ended up with the cheapest one. Thanks for the offer of your used tyre but I needed to get it done today.
Agreed in an ideal world I would definitely go with some PS4S's or PSS's, but with the other 3 Conti tyres having plenty of tread and with it being a lease vehicle, my hands were tied a little bit.
Ben
AO I think. My rears have it on sidewalls. Have PS4S on the front and love them.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members