Ibiza 1.5 disappeared off the uk site

Jeeru

Dec 9, 2018
the 1.5 Engine has also re-appeared back on CarWow's website - not sure about wait times though
Yes saw it on carwow too, asked for a deal and received offers from various dealers for the 1.5. However when I popped into the SEAT dealers today I was told the Ibiza 1.5 has been scrapped permanently! Very frustrating!

ferdiepick

Dec 6, 2018
You were all right!!

I was contacted and told I couldn't lease the 150 bhp ibiza due to the engine being unavailable.

It's worked out OK in the end as a ford fiesta ST1 was less money and far quicker so I have ordered that.

Enjoy ya Seats!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Well that is another customer lost from SEAT or more correctly VW Group, you just can't streamline model options and expect everyone to be mug enough to accept the reduced offering!

Danny77

Nov 13, 2018
You were all right!!

I was contacted and told I couldn't lease the 150 bhp ibiza due to the engine being unavailable.

It's worked out OK in the end as a ford fiesta ST1 was less money and far quicker so I have ordered that.

Enjoy ya Seats!

How on earth is the ST1 less money? :D

ferdiepick

Dec 6, 2018
NHS leasing (business)

10.500 miles private
3.500 miles business

It was £325 the week prior but has come down lots for some reason. To cheap to turn down.!

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Bit confused; how were they even able to give a quote if the 1.5 is not available?
Because it was added back into the price list in error, so all the leasing companies had started quoting it before SEAT had chance to realise the mistake and announce that it has been withdrawn from the range.

You'll notice it was only third-party funders and not SEAT Finance/VWFS (UK) Ltd that were advertising it...

Reactions: ferdiepick

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Because it was added back into the price list in error, so all the leasing companies had started quoting it before SEAT had chance to realise the mistake and announce that it has been withdrawn from the range.

You'll notice it was only third-party funders and not SEAT Finance/VWFS (UK) Ltd that were advertising it...
There's always a logical answer! Thanks Scrogg.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
SWAMBO got one of these and I have to say I am imprrssed - it was actually the company car from the salesman at the dealership who handled the deal and he kept going on about how this was the best engine for that car.
Now, after driving it a bit, I can totally understand why. It has power when you want it to (yes, it is not so much, but 150 are respectable for that car size) and it is economical on the road.
The cylinder shut off turns it into a 2cyl car when cruising and that is probably more economical than the 3cyl 1.0.
She took it on the first long work trip yesterday and averaged the claimed consumption on the road(!!!)
I can totally understand why they cancelled this engine on this car - it was for sure hurting sales of other models in the group, Leon included.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I read that there may well be a bit of confusion over the positioning price wise of any Polo 1.5TSI which may only come in R Series trim level, placing it slightly above Polo 2.0TSI GTI - some or most people might feel that the residuals and extra you get from the better GTI engine, suspension, trim etc, could well mean few or no desire for that one.

Edit:- for me at least, any 1.5TSI Polo needs to have a manual box option and be priced at a safe level below the 2.0TSI Polo GTI, even manual GTI when/if that ever comes to UK.

Last edited:

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Very strange situation this - been trying to configure various models and at the moment apparently VW group can only offer me a 1.0 Polo, Ibiza, Audi A1 or Fabia with no more than 115ps. The Polo GTI is not available to configure ( though shown on the price list but dsg only), it seems the A1 2.0 will also be dsg only and still no confirmation of the Cupra Ibiza. So in a year or so if I want to upgrade to a more powerful manual supermini (currently driving a 140ps Fiesta) I'll be looking at a Fiesta again (ST) unless VW group extract some digits!

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
The Polo GTI is available in Europe with a manual, it's just been delays in certifying it under WLTP rules, as the GTI makes up a small portion of Polo sales. Think it's just a wait until we get it. The DSG car is still in the price list, it's just not open for order because it only got certified in December.

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
The Polo GTI is available in Europe with a manual, it's just been delays in certifying it under WLTP rules, as the GTI makes up a small portion of Polo sales. Think it's just a wait until we get it. The DSG car is still in the price list, it's just not open for order because it only got certified in December.

So I'm given to understand, though why it takes VAG so long when others have managed it is a mystery - perhaps they're still fiddling the figures?

I see some folks on the Polo forum have been waiting over a year for their cars, think I'd have walked away by now!

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I have no idea. VAG have really managed to mess this one up. However, they do tend to have far more engine/bodystyle/wheel combinations than most companies. Certain optional extras also affect things- IIRC panoramic sunroofs, presumably because they're heavy.

Still no excuse IMO.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.