CUPRA Ateca Open For Ordering

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
36 + 6 and 8k per year.
Standard car - £360.72 + VAT
+ Space Saver Spare Wheel - £363.07 + VAT
+ Panoramic Sunroof - £381.95 + VAT
+ Panoramic Sunroof + Space Saver Spare Wheel - £384.30 + VAT

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
Standard car - £360.72 + VAT
+ Space Saver Spare Wheel - £363.07 + VAT
+ Panoramic Sunroof - £381.95 + VAT
+ Panoramic Sunroof + Space Saver Spare Wheel - £384.30 + VAT
Massive Thank you for doing the quote for me. I'm a bit surprised by how much it is as it works out almost half the cost of the car over 3 years (just over £18k). SEAT are obviously being very cautious over resale values .

I have seen one of the leasing companies has the base spec available to quote and it's quite a bit cheaper. Fingers crossed the prices will become a bit more competitive.

Last edited:

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
Sadly I have had to abandon ship . The prices are just way to high still and I needed to get something ordered for a March delivery. Good luck to all the people who purchase one and I'm sure every time one passes me I will be green with envy.

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
That’s a real shame-thought you would be one of the first.
Hopefully,some deals will drop at some point...

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
I think the prices are a little steep atm with little discounts available and I couldn't take the risk of them dropping once the order had been placed.
Hopefully for those that have taken the plunge it will remain a niche rare car and prove a good buy financially and I still may look into one in the future.
For now though I decided to take the plunge on an approved used SQ5 instead which I picked up before Christmas

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
I got a decent lease deal on a new Tiguan R line as they are about to be replaced by 2019 r line tech models . £4k cheaper over 3 years than the Ateca and yes it's not 300 bhp or even petrol but it's got a lot going for it .

Reactions: Ju.

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
I was hoping for a better deal, but having taken the plunge I'm hoping that prices stay up now! I was lucky that I've got some mad money from an endowment policy so it didn't feel quite so bad (other than enduring the wrath of SWMBO :argue:).

Reactions: Mad Spoons

cyrix2000

Aug 14, 2018
In Germany discounts for the Cupra Ateca have already reached up to 21.5% off list price with online brokers... So there's hope for the UK :).

I also wish they are having another look at the UK specs and add all the bits which have been removed compared to the European specs (side assist, rear assist, traffic assist, heated front screen, ...)

johnd

Nov 18, 2018
In Germany discounts for the Cupra Ateca have already reached up to 21.5% off list price with online brokers... So there's hope for the UK :).

Hmm, well, it all depends where OTR prices for Germany were fixed in the first place - different countries can vary quite a lot. If German prices were set eg 15% above UK prices then there's plenty of scope for a 20% discount. I don't know the answer to this, just saying that 20% discounts in some countries doesn't automatically mean the same will be available in the UK.

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018

I also wish they are having another look at the UK specs and add all the bits which have been removed compared to the European specs (side assist, rear assist, traffic assist, heated front screen, ...)

Interesting.As johnd says,what was the pricing structure originally?

cyrix2000

Aug 14, 2018
Interesting.As johnd says,what was the pricing structure originally?
A Cupra Ateca in the same spec as the UK Ateca with Comfort & Sound package costs in Germany 46,790€ (~GBP42,315) compared to GBP37,260 (net price, excl. OTR fees to make it comparable) in the UK. List prices are higher compared to the UK (mainly based on the low GBP/EUR exchange rate at the moment). Including discount you could get it for 36,870€ (~GBP33,217) in Germany.

Reactions: Billyray911

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
Just ordered mine. Comfort and Sound in Nevada White. Already at the port so should have it for 1st March. Can’t wait. Managed to haggle down to 34k which is nearly 12% off and got a good deal on my Golf GTI trade in.

Last edited:

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
Just ordered mine. Comfort and Sound in Nevada White. Already at the port so should have it for 1st March. Can’t wait. Managed to haggle down to 34k which is nearly 12% off and got a good deal on my Golf GTI trade in.

Interesting to hear that there are deals to be done-nearly 4k off is a nice discount and with a quick turnaround too.
I’m waiting to see if there’s any further movement over the next few months-especially with a few of the brokers-and I’ll bite!

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
Interesting to hear that there are deals to be done-nearly 4k off is a nice discount and with a quick turnaround too.
I’m waiting to see if there’s any further movement over the next few months-especially with a few of the brokers-and I’ll bite!
In the event of a no deal Brexit you'll either not be able to get one at all, or face a 10% price rise as the WTO tariffs get slapped on. :cheeky:

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
In the event of a no deal Brexit you'll either not be able to get one at all, or face a 10% price rise as the WTO tariffs get slapped on. :cheeky:
One of the reasons I got mine now. Not sure if Seat will be the same but VW announced that all cars delivered after March and ordered after January would have the 10% price increase passed onto the customer. Luckily the colour and spec I wanted was already in the UK.

Reactions: 'Little' John
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.