MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Keagz

Dec 16, 2018
They never came with a premium sound system before it was an optional extra, its just not an option now.

If you flick back a few pages I put a few pics up of my magnetic grey aswell. It's a great colour

Can anyone comment on the current stock sound system? Is it decent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RZ46

Dec 4, 2018
East England
To me it's pretty good. Deffo a step up from my last car and sounds similar in bass to my other car which is a CX5 with Bose setup
I had a 2011 Audi A3 Black Edition and the Bose setup was amazing. If it’s anywhere like it I’ll be happy. I’ve had Seat Sound System for last 4 years and to be fair even though it’s very good the Bose pipped it. Can’t believe in 2018 Seat removed all premium sound systems entirely from Leon the range especially in the Cupra. Who would even own up to making that decision as it’s so embarrassing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mystery290

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
Received my car 'survival'/winter kit from LeasePlan today along with the dash cam - anyone else using the dash cam? Any good?/worth it?

DS814

Apr 8, 2018
So here's a picture of my new ST4Drive. Ceramic coat now applied.
IMG_20181218_192813_225.jpg

Vikingboo

Dec 6, 2018
Give Simon Chapman a call at Seat Chesterfield mate, tell him you want a good deal, Andy sent you ! He may get you one quicker too, got my Lux in three weeks !
How much do you pay if you don’t mind me asking bcoz I ordered one today

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I've got the Beats in my new Cupra and the clarity and depth of sound isn't a patch on the Bose setup on my previous 2015 Audi A6 Black Edition.
I seen a video on YouTube on an ateca with beats and the fella had his adjustments to the sound setup on the video I copied it and it made a helluva difference.

Reactions: penyfai

Keagz

Dec 16, 2018
Seen reports of other Leon FR owners having issues with condensation in the light cluster? Anyone with a Cupra have the same issue?

Andy H

Nov 21, 2018
St Helens
Seen reports of other Leon FR owners having issues with condensation in the light cluster? Anyone with a Cupra have the same issue?

I noticed this the day I picked my Cupra Lux up !

I’ll have a look tomorrow what it’s like again

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013

Can happen to any leon, I had one replaced on my previous car its usually a hairline crack on the inside of the unit. It was a pre facelift so I'd like to think they'd have sorted it by now.

RZ46

Dec 4, 2018
East England
I've got the Beats in my new Cupra and the clarity and depth of sound isn't a patch on the Bose setup on my previous 2015 Audi A6 Black Edition.
Agr

I’ve had condensation in my headlights but not tail lights. My current Leon FR is a 15 plate. About 6 months old it had rear light cluster replaced due to water ingress. Parts along with a recommended modification was carried out under the manufactures warranty. From memory it was a result of a known cracking fault. Would be interesting to see if condensation also occurs with facelift models. It’s never bothered me and was out of warranty when it started happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: penyfai

rapidross

Aug 13, 2018
Agr

I’ve had condensation in my headlights but not tail lights. My current Leon FR is a 15 plate. About 6 months old it had rear light cluster replaced due to water ingress. Parts along with a recommended modification was carried out under the manufactures warranty. From memory it was a result of a known cracking fault. Would be interesting to see if condensation also occurs with facelift models. It’s never bothered me and was out of warranty when it started happening.
I'm sure my brand new one had some condensation behind the headlights the other day when washing,didn't think it was an issue so didn't really take much notice.will have to keep an eye on that!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.