New Cupra owner....hopefully!

Nobafett

Dec 10, 2018
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. Currently drive a Renaultsport Megane 250 which I love, however, with the birth of my third child, a change for something a little practical is needed.

I’ve test driven quite a few cars and found most of them very dull in comparison. Gold R’s, Wrx Sti, 308 Gti etc etc. I loved the i30n, but it’s just too expensive.

Gave a manual 280 a go and again, it felt a little flat compared to the Megane. However, test drove a DSG model the other day and it just seemed to suit the car so much better. Loved the fact it could be very calm and comfortable and at the flick of a switch, change into something totally different.

Decided it’s the car for me so quickly put mine up for sale and fingers crossed, buyer coming to collect in the morning.

The 280 is a five door with the buckets, Seat Sound and as it’s a later 280, the upgraded infotainment with full link.

Very excited.

Nobafett

Dec 10, 2018
Well, mine all sold and gone and deposit put down on the Cupra. Should hopefully have it by the end of week/weekend.

Reactions: Szuron

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car!

You got any pictures of it for us to be nosey at haha

What colour did you go for? Please don't say Desire red lol i'll never hear the end of it haha (long story)

Was your Megane mapped or just the standard 250? You may find yourself going for a stage 1 soon as no hardware needed but it will get you 370bhp... some would say that's enough haha we've got a couple of the MK3 chaps who have gone all out lol @theoldboy has the beast from the east at 500bhp if you fancied it, most just go for a resonator delete, air intake and stage 1.

Personally I like detailing (non professional) so i'd suggest not asking me what to use to clean your new car haha

Hope the wait doesn't drag too much

Cheers

Nobafett

Dec 10, 2018
The Cupra is Nevada white. Always had a soft spot for white cars, the Meg was too. Planning on wrapping the roof gloss black at some point.
The Meg was standard, had about 300 bhp and Milltek, intake etc. Went very well and was a little faster than a standard 280.
Will probably go down the Revo Stage 1 route in the future, but as it comes with 12 Months Seat warranty, that will have to wait until that expires.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
The Cupra is Nevada white. Always had a soft spot for white cars, the Meg was too. Planning on wrapping the roof gloss black at some point.
The Meg was standard, had about 300 bhp and Milltek, intake etc. Went very well and was a little faster than a standard 280.
Will probably go down the Revo Stage 1 route in the future, but as it comes with 12 Months Seat warranty, that will have to wait until that expires.
I think you'd be surprised like some on the forum that found that most 280/290's are already kicking out 300bhp on a dyno which is a nice touch from SEAT lol

12 months to save up then lol the wrapped roof does look good!

Nobafett

Dec 10, 2018
Sorry, meant to say that the Megane 'wasn't' standard. Was remapped to 300. Compared to my mates DSG 280, mine was maybe just a smudge quicker. Pretty much the same though.
I am considering a remap on the Cupra but worried that such a big hike would corrupt the handling being as its only FWD?

How do you add photos on this forum, normally I could just insert a photo directly, don't seem to have the option on here?

Deleted member 103408

Stage One the car can handle 375 very easily but you will need to fit a new dog bone mount (lots of threads on here what and how).
You will need good rubber (Michelin PS4S) to keep the power down

Nobafett

Dec 10, 2018
Purchase been delayed by a few days unfortunately but should be picking up Tuesday or Wednesday next week, nice little Christmas pressie to myself!
I’ve actually already decided on a set of Michelin PS4S even though it’s got a new set of Bridgestone S001 on. Reckon I can sell them on for a few hundred.
Was also looking at a lower mount. Do people go with the Powerflex or Neuspeed?

Nobafett

Dec 10, 2018
Little update - picked up the car today and went for a little detour/hoon on the way home. Really chuffed with the car. Goes really really well and is so comfortable. Great to have a decent stereo again too. The 4x15w in the Meg was woeful!
Looking forward to taking it out for a proper blast but for now I couldn’t be happier with my choice.

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
Little update - picked up the car today and went for a little detour/hoon on the way home. Really chuffed with the car. Goes really really well and is so comfortable. Great to have a decent stereo again too. The 4x15w in the Meg was woeful!
Looking forward to taking it out for a proper blast but for now I couldn’t be happier with my choice.

Good choice, you will love the Cupra and it is a brilliant family car too, which is rare for something with such fantastic performance. My wife didn’t like driving any of my previous cars, but it’s hard to prise the Cupra keys out of her hands nowadays :O

Re corrupting the performance by remapping, with PS4S tyres and the torque arm insert, it handles 375 bhp brilliantly, they are very strong horses too :)

Nobafett

Dec 10, 2018
New tyres just ordered - PS4S.
Just need to decide how best to upgrade the lower torque mount. Replace with the Revo mount or go with the insert?