Leon Cupra ST Carbon Edition Anyone...

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Still needs cleaning and the light doesn’t show the stripes very well. The silver on the stripes is in fact the same Matt silver as the intakes.

Will get a proper wash and take some photos in better light too...

View attachment 3348 View attachment 3349

Looking good.

However those two pictures make me nervous because they show how much the front spoiler juts out.

We need to be extra careful when parking front up to a high curb!!!

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Looking good.

However those two pictures make me nervous because they show how much the front spoiler juts out.

We need to be extra careful when parking front up to a high curb!!!
Haha, true, but it doesn’t sit any where near as low as the TRC splitter I had on the last one.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Damo, I’m getting a TRC splitter- not worried about kerbs as I won’t often need to park up them but i’m a little concerned about speed bumps & car park ramps etc. Was the remaining clearance enough to get over obstacles like these without problems?
Yeah, so long as you’re not lowering it too. I only ever scraped it once but that was in an extreme circumstance coming out of a field at a steep angle, thankfully no damage. Normal pot holes and speed bumps are fine.

To be honest I always reverse park into spaces so kerb and splitters are not normally a worry.

Reactions: Maypack

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Interesting.

Looking on the broker Coast2Coast Cars they are listing the Carbon Edition...but the one colour is stated as Midnight Black and with black leather !!!

Another batch being turned out or just a mistake?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I would think so.
Other than me and thee not many owners it seems of the 50 we know about...and I'm not really an owner yet!!!
True. Although I’m doing my best to reduce it to 49 and make mine 1 of 1...

Sadly stripes need to be redone if you look closely...

A3BC826D-5D78-41F6-BACA-93D72155234A.jpeg

Cupra_Jay_300

Now: Magnetic Grey 290 LUX. Then: Nevada White 300
Jan 25, 2018
Love the look of these. I wonder if anyone will replicate the grill fogs to remove the standard Cupra fog light grills????

Cupra_Jay_300

Now: Magnetic Grey 290 LUX. Then: Nevada White 300
Jan 25, 2018
Do you mean copy the pre facelift 280 and 290 and go no fogs and matching grills Or do you mean replicate the Cupra R look?

No, for the 300. From what I can tell the bumper mould looks the same it is just the inner fog set up that is different along with the additional splitter, but I could be wrong....

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
No, for the 300. From what I can tell the bumper mould looks the same it is just the inner fog set up that is different along with the additional splitter, but I could be wrong....
The Carbon edition has the same fog surrounds as the standard 300. Only difference on the front is the splitter, and that just screws onto the exact same bumper as any 300/290 facelift.

44CE9806-D0FD-42DE-AA0C-4A7E63B92CCA.jpeg

Reactions: Rob66

Carbonara

Aug 19, 2018
I would think so.
Other than me and thee not many owners it seems of the 50 we know about...and I'm not really an owner yet!!!
Just like my car - I keep a low profile (mostly).

Interesting PH article comparing the RS2 mentioned earlier and the very reason I got my Carbon. Blue Alcantara and babies wasn't a great combination, but now he's driving age I'm rediscovering the fun from before - without the immense turbo lag that could catch you out.

TheQuig

Oct 7, 2016
Back to wheels,a potential winter set for the Carbon.
If I went with 19s (although the tyres cost more) I've noticed these at a good reduced price...simple design for easy cleaning:

https://www.wheelbasealloys.com/all...play/silver/19-inch/seat/leon-st/2013-present

So is there any reason these wouldn't fit?
There is only one query on the the advert, is it 5x112 or 5x114.2 it can’t be both with only five holes on the alloy. Also make sure they give you a spigot rings to make it fit 57.1mm. Otherwise these should fit.
If they mention using wobble bolts, say no and find another set that is a direct fit.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
There is only one query on the the advert, is it 5x112 or 5x114.2 it can’t be both with only five holes on the alloy. Also make sure they give you a spigot rings to make it fit 57.1mm. Otherwise these should fit.
If they mention using wobble bolts, say no and find another set that is a direct fit.
^What he said, plus ‘damn those wheels are ugly’ #Sorry

But then winter wheels are meant to be function over form I suppose.

Reactions: olaf

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
^What he said, plus ‘damn those wheels are ugly’ #Sorry

But then winter wheels are meant to be function over form I suppose.

Yes,they are there for a purpose.
Painted,NOT diamond cut.
Easy to clean design
Cheap...your best wheels for the other 8 months.

Anyway,I'm still undecided and may still go for the TD pro race which apparently fit in 18"

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.