Cupra r or cupra k1

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
Hi guys,

Hope you can help advise. I currently have a 2008 seat Leon from pd170 running stage one. I have had the car for 2 years and have always wanted a petrol car to build up and modify, which car would you guys advise as I know both these cars are getting rarer as the years go on.

Thanks in advance

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Depends on what's available and how long your willing to wait for one to come up I guess. Also depending on your needs a non r Cupra? The r has a few cosmetic extras. Like leather seats, black gloss seat backs, 19" wheels as standard, diffuser and spoiler extension. And obviously the r logo. Both the Cupra and the r stage 1 to the same 300bhp.

I'm not sure engine wise. I believe the golf 6r it's based on had reinforced pistons and con rods. I also believe this carried over to the r but don't quote me on that.

Oh and if you can get a 2012 Cupra or r. You'll have more / better gadgets, lights, satnav, etc.

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
Depends on what's available and how long your willing to wait for one to come up I guess. Also depending on your needs a non r Cupra? The r has a few cosmetic extras. Like leather seats, black gloss seat backs, 19" wheels as standard, diffuser and spoiler extension. And obviously the r logo. Both the Cupra and the r stage 1 to the same 300bhp.

I'm not sure engine wise. I believe the golf 6r it's based on had reinforced pistons and con rods. I also believe this carried over to the r but don't quote me on that.

Oh and if you can get a 2012 Cupra or r. You'll have more / better gadgets, lights, satnav, etc.

Thanks legojon, I'm in no hurry to upgrade as long as it's the right car, I might have to do some research on the reinforced pistons as that could be decision maker

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
You had to rub it in didn't you lol sitting here with a 2010 Cupra R...

You'll know when you see the car you want. It will just work. Make sure you look at a Speed Blue Cupra R...

Reactions: kazand

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
You had to rub it in didn't you lol sitting here with a 2010 Cupra R...

You'll know when you see the car you want. It will just work. Make sure you look at a Speed Blue Cupra R...
Thank you for everyone's input, the sprint blue cupra r is my favourite colour, my friend had one at stage 2 running around 380bhp and that is what made me buy the fr, now I would like to upgrade to a petrol turbo

RnPnJ

Apr 3, 2015
Thank you for everyone's input, the sprint blue cupra r is my favourite colour, my friend had one at stage 2 running around 380bhp and that is what made me buy the fr, now I would like to upgrade to a petrol turbo

I was after a black cupra R, just couldn't find one that I liked. Then I saw the grey one and feel in love with it.

380hp is 2+ territory. I believe the cupra R all use the CDL lump as found in the mk6 R an S3 variants.

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
I was after a black cupra R, just couldn't find one that I liked. Then I saw the grey one and feel in love with it.

380hp is 2+ territory. I believe the cupra R all use the CDL lump as found in the mk6 R an S3 variants.
I asked my friend he said yeah it was stage 2+

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.