First Cupra

Kibber

Dec 23, 2018
Firstly, many thanks for all the information which has helped me over the last 6 months. I ordered a Cupra MY19 in Magnetic Grey a few months ago and was told the lead time was March 2019.

It then turned up in mid-December and I have just started to use it. I am lucky enough to have a few quick VW and Audi's and the Cupra replaces a fairly new RS3.

I liked the Cupra from day one, but it just keeps getting better. Great fun to drive and maybe too much power for a front wheel drive? It is really good on fuel and so far, so good.

Looking forward to learning far more and I can see the appeal of this sleeper.

Kibber

Kibber

Dec 23, 2018
Thank you and I will post some, no problem and if it ever stops raining! Magnetic Grey is a lovely colour, which changes in every light condition. It is a good fun car and looking forward to better weather.

Kibber

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Some people may say too much power for FWD, I’d say it makes it an exciting car to drive. The 300 4Drive is not as exciting to drive. With 300hp anyway lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Mystery290

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Welcome to the forum, To get the best out of the cupra you need to put some decent rubber on her (stock is normally rubbish)
And a upgraded dog bone mount (to stop the wheel hop) then you can start to plan on more power, she will take a lot
check out https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....e-turbo-pnp-lm440-hybrid-turbocharger.448281/ for some out there mods to make this car what it should be :)
What he said. Michelin Pilot Super Sports or Pilot Sport 4S for the win!

Kibber

Dec 23, 2018
Great advice and I put PS4's on the RS3 and the difference was amazing, though more road noise. You can't have everything and the Cupra appears to have so much potential.

Thanks again

Kibber

Cupra_Jay_300

Now: Magnetic Grey 290 LUX. Then: Nevada White 300
Jan 25, 2018
Welcome Kibber! My Cupra replaced my S3 8P and I definitely get more enjoyment driving the Cupa then I ever did the S3. So much more engagement and drama in the Cupra. How does it compare to the RS3?

Kibber

Dec 23, 2018
Hi there, the RS3 was a very quick and sure footed car, but it did all the hard work for you. The 5 cylinder sounded the part and I had the sports exhaust from Audi.

The Cupra will make me work harder, but for all the right reasons. My wife has an S3, so I knew how good this engine is. I am looking forward to dry roads and learning the car.

Kibber

Deleted member 103408

Same comment for the Golf R, It's a great car in dry and wet but it does the work for you so you are not actively driving it in the way you do with the Cupra. One small item I would point out that may have been fixed (but doubt it), If you select Cupra mode car changes for the good but once you turn engine off it reverts to Comfort although some of the signs will show you are in Cupra Mode.

Kibber

Dec 23, 2018
Thank you for the advice and the RS3 used to do the same. It would always drop out of dynamic after every switch off. The Golf R sounds like the S3 etc, very fast & safe, but less engaging. The Cupra should be ideal for me and plenty of helpful advice already.

Kibber

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.