Post pics of your new Cupra 290 here :)

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
I've bought the genuine cupra lettering off Amazon and changed them that way and for the seat badges I bought some vinyl stickers that go over the top and they look pretty good,took me less than half an hour to change it all looks far better on a white car.
Made a nice job of the plasti dipping chap!

Hi Mate

I saw the Vinyl stickers on Amazon do they cover the entire 'S'. e.g. would they hide the copper or would you still be able to see the edges?

Cheers

rapidross

Aug 13, 2018
Hi Mate

I saw the Vinyl stickers on Amazon do they cover the entire 'S'. e.g. would they hide the copper or would you still be able to see the edges?

Cheers
No they don't completely cover all the way around the edges,that looks fine with chrome but might look a little silly on copper!

Reactions: Rob66

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Picked mine up the last weekend of November. Dealer said it was the first copper badged one out of the factory!

Loving it so far but not too keen on the copper badges against the red so might wrap them in carbon or something?
Also still waiting for the pops and bangs to come through from the exhaust as haven't done a huge amount of miles in it yet.

View attachment 3388 View attachment 3389
looks great in red. sorry to disappoint on the bans though, iv done 900 miles so far and no bangs yet muted pops now and again. unless it opens up after 1k miles then I think the best option is a res delete for £100

Sam Lever

Dec 19, 2018
looks great in red. sorry to disappoint on the bans though, iv done 900 miles so far and no bangs yet muted pops now and again. unless it opens up after 1k miles then I think the best option is a res delete for £100

Yes I think I might wait until the 1k miles mark and see what it's like after that? Planning a fair amount of miles over Christmas so hopefully it comes out then.

Only question I have with the Res delete is regarding lease terms etc? Mine is on lease so will need to check if this minor mod is allowed within the terms.

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
Yes I think I might wait until the 1k miles mark and see what it's like after that? Planning a fair amount of miles over Christmas so hopefully it comes out then.

Only question I have with the Res delete is regarding lease terms etc? Mine is on lease so will need to check if this minor mod is allowed within the terms.
I know alot of people have been told that providing its put back to its original state at the end of your lease term then it's fine, but you're always better off ringing your lease company and finding out for yourself.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sam Lever

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
I know alot of people have been told that providing its put back to its original state at the end of your lease term then it's fine, but you're always better off ringing your lease company and finding out for yourself.

do you know if any of these were ARVAL?

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
do you know if any of these were ARVAL?
I couldn't be 100% to be honest mate, I seen a few of the lads were talking about it in the 'Who's ordered a Cupra' thread but it was a while back, ask the question in there and their may be a few people who know better than me, I've personally ordered mine PCP and I know that VWFS have said it's allowed providing it'a reinstated.

Reactions: GordonMcC

Cupra Russ

Dec 7, 2018
Just arrived!

Attachments

• IMG_2628.JPG
    IMG_2628.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2629.JPG
    IMG_2629.JPG
    333.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2630.JPG
    IMG_2630.JPG
    332.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_2631.JPG
    IMG_2631.JPG
    350.2 KB · Views: 204

grmagler

May 3, 2015
West Sussex
Does this one count?

Screenshot_2018-11-19-15-57-47_zpslll4cstf.jpg

Screenshot_2018-11-19-15-59-31_zpsijtcqo4v.jpg
Hi used to have a cupra 280 in 2015 and thinking of getting one like yours ;) I am currently trawling the threads after I have read some conflicting info could you please confirm the new ST has the 7 speed dsg cheers , also I had read the old 4 wheel drive system was slightly inferior to the golf r system is this still the case if its the 7 speed :) Cheers in advance will keep reading ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members