Some snow driving video

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
nice vid

in the UK that same scene would have been a traffic jam of cars on summers tyres, with the drivers stuck, sitting stationary on their phones tweeting that its a disgrace that the council have not gritted the road.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
In the UK that same scene would have been a traffic jam of cars on summers tyres, with the drivers stuck, sitting stationary on their phones tweeting that its a disgrace that the council have not gritted the road.

Word.

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
Hang in there a month or so - got an ice track event coming and for sure there will be better footage from it ;)

Lucky you, if you have the winter conditions good enough there to get the ice track. We have to hope here every year for the snow to come, it was for a week or so and now its melted again. But in that time, it was bloooody good fun with the 4drive.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Lucky you, if you have the winter conditions good enough there to get the ice track. We have to hope here every year for the snow to come, it was for a week or so and now its melted again. But in that time, it was bloooody good fun with the 4drive.

Hop on a ferry and come join the event ;) 9-10-11.2, but most of driving is on 10.2.
You would have roughly 4h30 drive from HKI, there is an hotel package and also food.

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
Im also using non-studded winter tyres, as the road noise with the studded ones are way too loud. And the grip with the new ones are still great!

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Mine already came with non-studded, but to be honest, you won't much miss them with the 4drive and it largely compensates on days where there is not so much ice ;)

Have a Passat Alltrack -17 atm and running Hakka 8s. That grip, specially during braking is nothing im willing to trade for sound comfort :clap:

Reactions: Jaco2k

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I used to prefer studded, but the last 3 cars I bought all came with studeles.
Since tires are not exactly cheap, I got used to driving the studless to the ground.
...they grew on me.
When this set on the Cupra goes, it will be replaced with a similar one.
Also, there are practically no options in studded tires (or studded, for that matter...) in 235/35/19 sizes.
BTW, Nokians have gone downhill a lot - not even in Finnish magazines they are winning tests anymore.
The go-to winter tire of the moment is Continental.
Some years ago it was Michelin.

Reactions: KernelOkey

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
So far, 100% reliable and flawless. A joy to drive up North.
LEDs could be better, though, since they don't warm the ice so much and lenses tend to accumulate ice.
Sounds great :thumbup: I was suprised about how good the comfort is in comfort mode. Yeah, have the same problem on my Passat with LEDs, get covered with ice and snow asap

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise