SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Dpullen87

Nov 25, 2018
Hi All,

Just got my first Leon, it’s 2016 FR. I’m wondering if I can update the software on the car to the latest version and how straight forward it is and what the risks are.

Current version information is

Device part number 5QA035858
Hardware : H24
Software : 0245
Navigation Database : 6P0919866D
ECE 2016

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Hi All,

Just got my first Leon, it’s 2016 FR. I’m wondering if I can update the software on the car to the latest version and how straight forward it is and what the risks are.

Current version information is

Device part number 5QA035858
Hardware : H24
Software : 0245
Navigation Database : 6P0919866D
ECE 2016

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Hi,

You've got exactly the same setup as I have in my 2016 184FR. There are two updates that can be done, the first is to the software that runs the infotainment system (which is talked about in this thread) and the second is to the SatNav (which is talked about in separate thread 'Navigation System Updates'). I would forget about the first one as it's quite complex for little gain, but the second SatNav update is easy!
The most important thing to remember is to back up your SD card to your Pc/laptop, as you need to copy one file back.

Let me know if you get stuck!

Tell

Staff member
Can't be done by the user unless you have Mapcare or have the unit 'modified' as I did.

I gave up trying to fully update the mib2 high maps as Walone knows after 17 months of trying. The developers menu via SWDL without Mapcare allows you to update voice, eggnog etc but not the Navdb directory which is the map file directory and released POIs. It locks you out if you go above the release map the car came with. The map upload is locked down so you cant edit the upload macro since it's signed. Then what gets loaded onto the device is signed again. I read the hex file where it talked about the ECU signature for the map, that's signed as well. So you can't get round it by editing the hex file either to make it into a lower release, even if you could edit the upload macro... I tried.

Mib2 High uses the same map upload as Mib1 High so it's been well researched since Mib1 High was released. Going retrofit with your unit is the only way... threw the towel in and followed Walones route of getting you unit turned into a retrofit so you can enjoy all the benefits of a retrofit :).

Lingering here looking to see what software release Mib2 High users are on. Mines now

5F0035020G

It was

5F0035020C

Hardware H50, 2016 delivered Ateca

This is further up to Walones software release I know, but wondered how current it was.

Think I'll have a look at the Spanish Club Seat board in search of what releases the mib2 highs are on to place which version they used in the software patch. Would be nice to know when software 1338 broke cover and what was said about it. Any pointers ?. Hardware is H50.

Page 101 of the Spanish thread is where they start to change the H50 software / first mentioned. I think this sort of explains why I was turned away from the company last year that did it this year, since they couldn't get their hands on the software last year but can now. My theory.

https://www.clubseatleon.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=118140&start=1500

Square eyes after reading all of that thread. Seems nothing is made public on current releases.... nothing on anything else really so definitely not that one, so it seems. One thing for me to check is whether I have the air con flow graphics which are new - A/C module can need changing in VCDS to get the colour graphics shown. I did note that I had an aircon screen running off the main menu which wasnt there before. The one you use to fiddle with the heated screen although best not to touch it, it's automatic. Have to be toggled in the a/c if you move to the one that brings up the a/c menu.... thanks guys :).... just checked - that's fine was displaying as should with the red / blue graphics. It's the latest MY18 I've ended up with pretty sure.

Last edited:

wolverine_uk

Oct 18, 2018
Where would I be able to purchase a MIb2 high unit from that can be fully unlocked.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Labro

Nov 22, 2018
I have MIB2 software updates. Anyone needs, please contact me via PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wouldn't mind trying it on 66 reg. I have a new 68 sd car but will not work on my current one, may be this will rectify the problem.

maybe

Dec 22, 2018
Can i update his version?how can i get the file?my car seat Leon 2016

Attachments

• IMG_20181222_173309.jpg
    IMG_20181222_173309.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 678

ibxxx

Nov 1, 2016
Hi
Im looking for 2014 fr update for nav and media system
device part no. 5F0035858A
Hardware: 041
Software: 0425
Nav database 5F0919866K 0045 ECE 2015
Media codec: n/a

thanks

malibracek@28

Jan 4, 2019
hi
i hawe leon fr 2018 with mib2 h41 is there any update.

i see somwere there is option to change color of headunit and maxi dot screen. ex. when you chose music there is red color and you can change it to other color. like ambient lights

thanks

Tell

Staff member
https://www.seat.com/owners/my-seat/navigation/leon.html

U can download updates here

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No. That's not a firmware update, that's a map update. That update is not right in any case it's been pulled by VW. Seat hasn't caught up yet. See post 1418

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-71

Basically VAG screwed up the release and re released. The equivalent to what people have now is the 13gb bundle 1. The other bundles work but if you want an update to what you have without picking and mixing countries it's the new bundle 1.

Reactions: iby104

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
No. That's not a firmware update, that's a map update. That update is not right in any case it's been pulled by VW. Seat hasn't caught up yet. See post 1418

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-71

Basically VAG screwed up the release and re released. The equivalent to what people have now is the 13gb bundle 1. The other bundles work but if you want an update to what you have without picking and mixing countries it's the new bundle 1.
Daym!! How do we get the firmware update? These should be available for free

Tell

Staff member
Daym!! How do we get the firmware update? These should be available for free

I'm no firmware expert but your best one for DIY is the Spanish thread that appears on here. I went threw the thread translating it attempting to find the source of the unmodded firmware that I had installed.... least till someone tells you something better.

Isn't yours a Mib1 based on the map serial number so it would need some software firmware surgery to update the maps in any case or dealer work. Yours falls into the area of dark arts that cost money.

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
I'm no firmware expert but your best one for DIY is the Spanish thread that appears on here. I went threw the thread translating it attempting to find the source of the unmodded firmware that I had installed.... least till someone tells you something better.

Isn't yours a Mib1 based on the map serial number so it would need some software firmware surgery to update the maps in any case or dealer work. Yours falls into the area of dark arts that cost money.
No its definitely a mib2 standard nav, because my car is a 2017 leon fr.

Ive downloaded the euro1 map, will give it a shot since forums say some ppl have successfully updated their maps

I'll report back here

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.