Maximum number of MP3's?

PeterBJ

Jan 1, 2019
Are there a maximum number of MP3 files I can put on a USB-stick in the mediaplayer?
My Kia Picanto has a maximum of 4500 files, so I just wondered. There is a couple of months before our new FR arrives.

And what about the file-structure?
I would like to see the artists in alphabetical order, and then album names.
Right now in my old car, it's:
ROOT/
Depeche Mode - Violator/01 - track name.mp3 etc...
Gary Numan - Replicas/01 - track name.mp3 etc...

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Are there a maximum number of MP3 files I can put on a USB-stick in the mediaplayer?
My Kia Picanto has a maximum of 4500 files, so I just wondered. There is a couple of months before our new FR arrives.

Right now in my old car, it's:
ROOT/
Depeche Mode - Violator/01 - track name.mp3 etc...
Gary Numan - Replicas/01 - track name.mp3 etc...

I presume it depends on the size of the stick ! and how they are ripped,they are in alphabetical order but as far as file structure I am not too sure
as far as I can see its just in album/artist order.
it might be worth just plugging it in when you get the car and see how it performs

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I usually put my music on an SD card and put it in the glove box compartment Unit in the SD card 2 slot. This is of course assuming you have a free SD card slot...

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017

Radio manual says: "On memory cards: a maximum of 1000 folders and a maximum of 2048 files."

By the way, lossless WMA files don't work (even though the manual suggests that they should); FLACs are not supported at all; MP3s work fine.

Folders are entered in alphabetical order, depth first; meaning if you have artists-named folders in root folder, it will play all the albums by particular artists, then all the albums by next artists, etc. Files in a folder are also played in alphabetical order (... so you probably want to name them something like 01 First song.mp3, 02 Second song.mp3, ...). Playlists are normally not played, unless explicitly selected.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.