Newbie Cupra Lux owner in town

Craig Elliott

Dec 28, 2018
Anyone who knows speakers will know that there not great in the cupra but if your not an expert in speakers then there fine, I've added a aftermarket vibe black air vented v12 1600w subwoofer to the original head unit because the bass wasn't good enough lol.
I have a mk3 cupra 290 2016 and I bought mine rather then lease because I have changed engine parts and had it tuned so rather then 290hp I have 370hp it's so much fun to drive lol if you know how to drive a cupra.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

How did you manage to wire the Sub up to the standard system?

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Thanks guys, I'll let you know my thoughts. I am very excited I have to say. I've just sold my 2012 BMW M135i, it was starting to get expensive to run so I thought sod it, lease for me and it takes the worry out of a high performance car.

Hi Chris, the guy has text me today saying he'll be dropping the car off at my house tomorrow lunch time so sounds great. I used SelectCar leasing and so far they have been 10/10. They had very high reviews from trustpilot etc so I felt I was in good hands. I just saw that offer and though, sod it, I've been urming and erring for so long about a new bloody car and just went for it.

I'm going the other way - pickup a BMW M140i on Friday! An itch that needs scratching, but can see myself in a Cupra again sometime n the future.

Cupra Russ

Dec 7, 2018
The M140's are fantastic cars, no two ways about it. I am missing my M135i a little, it was a little bonkers and noticeably a different animal to my Cupra.

However, I'm enjoying the Cupra, it does everything well and exactly what it says on the tin etc but it does feel quite sluggish and tame compared to the Beamer. In fairness, I've only clocked over to 500 miles so far so haven't given it a proper chance yet. Do they feel different after a few thousand miles on the clock?

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
My Cupra felt more eager to rev after about 3000 miles were covered.
Now for a shameless plug - I have a set of Winter wheels/tyres for sale in the For Sale section.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
It's arrived! Nothing like that new car smell.

I've only driven a few miles so far, lots of driving coming up over the next week. Very impressed so far, the speakers are better than expected I think, looking forward to getting to know it.
Like the black, but don't think I could stand the copper bits, just not my thing. I like the smell of new money still in my pocket more, so will hold out to see if a Cupra branded version (maybe hybrid) comes along soon, and hope they do a SC as I don't really like 5 doors.

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
I hope they do a SC as I don't really like 5 doors.
I would like a Mk4 Leon SC too but there's no chance. SEAT have already said that the three body styles will be a 5-door hatch, an ST and an Allroad-style cross over.

A sign of the times, I'm afraid. Very few companies are making mid-size 3-door hatchbacks.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.