VAG Com

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone in the Manchester area has a VAG Com that I could use? I believe there’s a fault with the ABS pump that’s stopping one of the wheels from being bled. Seats line is to replace the ABS pump but before restoring to this I understand that a reset of the ABS can resolve the issue.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone in the Manchester area has a VAG Com that I could use? I believe there’s a fault with the ABS pump that’s stopping one of the wheels from being bled. Seats line is to replace the ABS pump but before restoring to this I understand that a reset of the ABS can resolve the issue.

Cheers

Sorry not got Vag com but why do you need to bleed one of the wheels ?

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Replaced the clutch master cylinder, brakes became spongy so tried to bleed them. Three of the wheels bleed ok but one won’t bleed. Bleed nipple is clear, can reverse bleed but can’t bleed in the opposite direction.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
First,the brakes have nothing to do with the clutch so why the need to look at the brakes !
When you say reverse bleed what do you mean ? You should never send any thing the opposite way.
When you open the bleed nipple and press the brake peddle what happens ?

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
First,the brakes have nothing to do with the clutch so why the need to look at the brakes !
When you say reverse bleed what do you mean ? You should never send any thing the opposite way.
When you open the bleed nipple and press the brake peddle what happens ?

Initially bled the brakes on the advice of a mechanic who suggested that best practice would be to bleed the brakes after a clutch master cylinder replacement. The clutch hydraulics use the same fluid as the brake reservoir so it does make some sense.

Reverse bleeding is an accepted practice for brake bleeding although shouldn’t be needed. Reverse bleeding involves opening the nipple at the callipers and sending brake fluid down the line.

If I open the bleed nipple and press the brake peddle no air or fluid comes out.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Drove her tonight, pedal was still spongy but I think that that’s because the ABS needs cycling (usually done with VAG com but emergency stop will do the same thing). Did a few emergency stops on quiet roads and braking has returned to all wheels and no ABS warning lights.

Not bad for the price of a used ABS at £35, a recons £200 and new £500.

I’ll give the brakes another bleed tomorrow which should fully return the pedal.