Headlight Range Control Error

BarryFR184

Jan 7, 2019
BarryFR184 you just need to update firmware in control unit that's all. Had same issue on mine
KoNG, thanks for this. How do I do that or who can do it for me?

Do you mean the headlight range control module or a different control unit?

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
yes headlight control module you got two option go for SEAT or contact VAGCARCODING or similar company with ODIS

BarryFR184

Jan 7, 2019
yes headlight control module you got two option go for SEAT or contact VAGCARCODING or similar company with ODIS
Brilliant mate thanks. I actually suspected that module and bought a used one on eBay for £10. I haven’t fitted it yet but if that doesn’t work I’ll give that a go.

BarryFR184

Jan 7, 2019
Brilliant mate thanks. I actually suspected that module and bought a used one on eBay for £10. I haven’t fitted it yet but if that doesn’t work I’ll give that a go.

Ok so I swapped my old headlight range control module for the new (second hand) one. Same warning came up and this time neither headlight moves, even on start up they both just stay static. Also, my option in the menu for turn on/off motorway lights has gone completely.

So I swapped back in the old one. And here’s where it gets even more confusing. I’ve still got 2 completely static headlights and no motorway light option, but the headlight range error warning is gone. And it’s been replace by ‘error: cornering light (AFS)’ displayed on the little screen between the dials. And if I look on the main screen it says ‘error: bend lighting (AFS)’

I don’t even have corner/bend lighting. :censored:

Attachments

• 88DECAED-D7E1-4542-925F-83CC9BFCF224.jpeg
    88DECAED-D7E1-4542-925F-83CC9BFCF224.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 299

BarryFR184

Jan 7, 2019
For anyone that might be interested, I’ve finally got my headlight range control issue fixed. After wasting money on auto electricians who hadn’t a clue, I eventually took to it the main dealer. 4.5 hours later they discovered that a wiring loom connected to the range control module was not fixed in place properly and had been rubbing against the steering shaft. Over probably a few years this has gradually worn through a wire and caused a short circuit.

It’s cost me a lot of money to get it sorted, sadly most of that wasted on so called professionals, but just happy it’s finally sorted.

Gravy1895

Oct 11, 2020
Did you ever have any issues starting the car? A pals car won't start if the headlights don't auto level/sweep on start up.

JoseKaLeL

ARONA Beats Audio Edition (2019-Facelift)
Jan 8, 2020
Aguascalientes, México
Yep, got the LED headlights. I was about to enter the car lift at work when the error popped up and both the lights did look level, however, they were quite low.

Been having a look around online and I think I might have caused this by going over a massive bump last night on my way home as there's a sensor on the suspension apparently. Went back out before and the error didn't pop up. Tempted to ask them to have a look at it if it continues at the next service (Due in Jan/Feb), don't fancy a massive bill though haha
Could you send some photos of were it’s located and how… I’m trying to install it on my car

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.