MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Golfconvert

Jan 10, 2019
Started my order from leasing options for 290 Cupra Lux, just need to confirm colour choice.
Haven’t seen any in the flesh, will do this weekend hopefully, but I was going to go for silver but I can’t see anyone having ordered one from quickly looking back, is there a reason not many silver ordered? Does it not look good in the flesh?
I know it’s purely personal preference but I thought I would have seen some silver ones in the post your pics forums on here etc, unless I missed them?

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
Started my order from leasing options for 290 Cupra Lux, just need to confirm colour choice.
Haven’t seen any in the flesh, will do this weekend hopefully, but I was going to go for silver but I can’t see anyone having ordered one from quickly looking back, is there a reason not many silver ordered? Does it not look good in the flesh?
I know it’s purely personal preference but I thought I would have seen some silver ones in the post your pics forums on here etc, unless I missed them?
https://www.kleinfeld-selent.de/seat-leon-2-0-tsi-dsg-cupra-x__841159.php

Reactions: Golfconvert

richw

Dec 9, 2018

I've ordered a sliver, I say ordered in a loose sense as I had a real good deal and that was the only colour left! I did see a 16 plate at a local dealership and they don't look too bad in silver. Looking at that link for the German site, that silver looks better.

I'm unfortunately not picking mine up until next Friday, but if you can wait I can get some pics up on Saturday.

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
I've ordered a sliver, I say ordered in a loose sense as I had a real good deal and that was the only colour left! I did see a 16 plate at a local dealership and they don't look too bad in silver. Looking at that link for the German site, that silver looks better.

I'm unfortunately not picking mine up until next Friday, but if you can wait I can get some pics up on Saturday.

Here's maybe a more 'normal' in-the-flesh pic of my Urban Silver, although it's an ST and pre-copper.

Attachments

• IMG_20181209_090814_558.jpg
    IMG_20181209_090814_558.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 129

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Thanks to all those that have helped me through the last 15 months. I picked it up this evening.

Very happy with it so far, too early to tell whether it was worth the wait

Sounds similar to the 2016 S3 I was using in 2017 but not quite as loud.

Haven't made it fart yet but lots of pops and bangs on lift off.

Feels quicker than the 280 (but that just maybe the DSG). The TC light comes on far too easily

Beats is much better than the standard system but I'm not sure it's all that yet. Need to calibrate it.

Annoyed at the lack of dynamic guides on the camera.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Thanks to all those that have helped me through the last 15 months. I picked it up this evening.

Feels quicker than the 280 (but that just maybe the DSG). The TC light comes on far too easily

Beats is much better than the standard system but I'm not sure it's all that yet. Need to calibrate it.

I've still not had any farts, plenty pops and crackles. The exhaust tone gets deeper and a touch louder as you clock up the miles.

Reactions: Mystery290

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I've still not had any farts, plenty pops and crackles. The exhaust tone gets deeper and a touch louder as you clock up the miles.
Not as concerned as I thought would be to be honest.

It took a while for me to figure the farts out on the S3 coming from a manual 280. I just liked the induction noise and the burble and this Cupra has it.

It is louder than you think from the outside though. You can tell by the head turns

I'm expecting to get the front lip soon but after driving over some of the speed bumps and parking up on curbs I'm wondering how practical it's going to be.

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
The navigation is poor and clunky, Google maps is much better especially with its traffic based routing.
Built-in navigation is always acceptable at best. It's not an issue of the Leon, it's an issue with the entire car industry (with the exception of Tesla maybe).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hickery1995

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018

Do the Cupras come standard with reverse camera or was that an extra? As im expecting not to have one

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK

Saw a Cupra in Urban Silver this afternoon on the A24 looked really good even better in the flesh.

AlexOS

@AlexOS

Did you ever get your gesture of goodwill side skirts?

Hi. They delivered the car without them and then wanted me to take it back to the dealer at my expense to get them done, and wouldn’t give me a loan car while they did the work.

This would have cost me about £100 in fuel and left me without a car for 3-4 days.. plus the train fares to get home and back out to collect.

I eventually got £200, a boot organiser and Another pack as compensation instead. (Although the cheque hasn’t arrived yet.. due this week I hope)

AlexOS

Could it be the soudn actuator drowning the farts out?

To b honest on my ST 280 I never heard them until I got the BCS system.

The Carbon edition you could here it all the time even before I had the res delete. Not sure if there is a res delete yet for the GPF cars or if it is any different.
I’ve disabled the actuator with carista.. can’t hear farts, but much prefer the sound of the real engine to the soundactor anyway.

Reactions: Copra68

CupraCoxy

Sep 11, 2015

I will get mine this week in the Silver I was also concerned about no one having this colour! Would you like me to post a picture once I get it?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.